Name
Maureen
Edit My Images
Yes
Any better :shrug:

Ullswater3792contrastwebpb.jpg

C&C welcome :)

Yes :)

You've got some foreground interest going on now and a lead line coming into play.

Have a look at some landscapes that blow your socks of and try to work out WHY they blow your socks off. Often it's something simple like getting the camera down really low so you get more rocks in the foreground. Loads of stuff to try to don't be afraid to experiment with it. Long exposures with water........shooting later at night or earlier in the morning to get lower light levels to get that milky water going on.

Landscape togs are all barking mad insomniacs anyway :)

Last edited:
I like that better than yesterdays, not that it was a bad pic just a little washed out are you doing any pp on these?

The sky could definately use pepping up a bit and the mountains seem a little soft, where abouts did you focus? Deffinately and improvment on yesterday your clearly thinking more about composition and thats the key. You'll really benefit if you get out earlier or later th light in the middle of the day very rarely leads to stunning landscapes.

Last edited:
a very quick pep up but with the original size you could get something of much better quality. Sharpening and increase in contrast, slight white balance change.

ullswater.jpg

a very quick pep up but with the original size you could get something of much better quality. Sharpening and increase in contrast, slight white balance change.

ullswater.jpg

For me I don't think you've really improved the colouring.

But the original composition is great. (y)

Any better :shrug:

Ullswater3792contrastwebpb.jpg

C&C welcome :)

One of the things which makes the foreground interesting is the perception of different dimensions. It all looks a little 2D to me. The most obvious way to improve on the photo is to get some perspective on the decking of the jetty. This would mean you need to be higher up, or almost at water level. This may or may not have been feasible at this location, but I think it would be more visually pleasing.

All the right ideas though... good work.

Also, I would straighten out the shoreline...

Last edited:
Back