(Another) Hello

L

lightstarx

Hi,

I have just joined the forums and thought I'd say hello. I'm pretty new to photography but thought I'd throw myself in at the deep end. My kit is as follows: Canon 400D, Canon EF-S 18-55, Tamron 55-200 and a 2Gb memory card. I have been reading some bits and pieces and taken the following photos:
IMG_0529.jpg

20070619_0148-1.jpg

20070619_0116-1.jpg

I'm looking for some tips and critique on these images.
Thanks,
James

Howdy :) welcome to the forums. That first shot looks familar, cant think why. Really like the guitar shot too :) nice depth of field and gives a good perspective :) nice stuff.

One thing, pictures posted on here need to be no bigger than 800pixels on the longest side :)

Keep up the good work!

Hi James, and welcome to the forums :)

I love the last one, the narrow DOF works great with it.

However, could you resize your last 2 images, as per the rules please. Maximum 800 pixels along the longest edge for inline images in posts. Or you can just change them to clickable links.

Thanks,.

Hi James ... :wave:

The bee shot is out of focus.

The guitar shot has one big blown highlight (The white patch)

Nice to see someone post photos in the first post though ... :clap:

Best tip I could give you is to look at information on the "Rule of thirds"

:canon:

Sorry about that, images have been resized.
The first shot is of a church in Bovingdon, Herts.
I was a bit unsure about the bee picture myself, are the tips of the wings in focus or not, I was really struggling to tell?
I did quite like the shape of the highlight on the guitar though.

Hi and welcome :wave:

Hello :)

You'll get more feedback on pictures in the sharing sections ;)

HUllo

Hi

Hi & welcome to the forums (y)
I quite like the blown highlight area of the guitar too but think that the image could do with an overall lighten to balance it out a bit (except that highlight area) & I think that with your other two images Hypnotic has the right idea on the rule of thirds.
Nicely done for posting pics in your 1st post, I'll keep my eyes open in the sharing section (y)

Back