Another Long Exposure over the lake

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks,

Haven't been out with the camera since my previous post so I thought I'd put another one up from that outing, hopefully with the weather brightening up I'll get out this week.

This was another one with my 10 stop, I'm gonna start bulbing to do some 5 minuters perhaps, I just do 30 second exposures at the moment because it's a bit easier. Anyway your thoughts are always welcome. :)

Sunset-over-a-small-lake-with-rocks-in-the-flat-calm-water-(IMG_4489-Edit)-796704.jpg

Works for me, gorgeous light and the FG stones anchor the image well.

I'm looking into getting a filter do start doing some longer exposures like this. It's an interesting effect and can make for some great images. I like the colours in this shot and the foreground rocks are a nice inclusion. I'm not hugely keen on the horizon being in the centre of the composition. I think I'd have been inclined to lower it a little and to include a bit more sky. Otherwise though a impressive shot.

Its pictures like this that inspired me to get a DSLR.. :clap:

Now if only I could mimick this work.... :shrug:

not the type of pics i do but i think it is gorgeous man i realy like it well done has relaxation written all over it (y)

Thanks for the comments guys.

If you are going out with a 10 stop make sure you focus before you put it on (then change to manual). I used a 3 stop grad on top to balance the sky a little.

That would look lovely on a canvas in my lounge :D

I'm gonna start bulbing to do some 5 minuters perhaps, I just do 30 second exposures at the moment

Lovely shot, but I think it would benefit from a longer exposure. The water and foreground are nice, but the sky for me needs to be either static, or have a lot more movement. At the moment it's a little inbetweeny.

Can't wait to see some of your longer exposures when you've done them :)

All it needs is one of those inspirational poster borders and a quote.

Something like "Tranquility in Thought is Tranquility in Life."

that really is nice, lovely colours and nice steady for 30 seconds.....

I think it's all been said already! Cracking composition and good light. Nicely executed :)

shooting_stars, a 10 stop is a neutral density filter that acts to massively cut the amount of light entering the lens. it allows for much longer exposures of a scene.

beautiful and great composition :clap:

Back