Another mobile phone question.

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Just ordered a Sony Ericson w810i on Orange. I've been on PAYG with them for years and am quite happy, I've had a very basic phone for most of that time but now need one with Bluetooth and voice activated dialling hence the new beastie.

I think it's possible to transfer the number and credit from my old sim to the new sim/phone, has anyone done this, particularly with Orange?

Phone Orange and get them to transfer the number to your new sim card. Takes a couple of hours to activate and remember to back up any contacts from the old sim to the phone as when the old one is deactivated it will be dead

Cheers m8 :)

If your old phone is Orange, and the new phone is also Orange, you should be able to swap the sim cards over - unless you now have a contract - in which case, Orange can easily swap the number over for you.

Thanks folks, yes I know I can swap the sim cards round but the 'old' sim is a good few years old now and I'm not sure about compatibility having read elsewhere about problems with reception, added to that the new sim comes with credit on it and I'd like to have it all together so I can use it with my own number.

Back