Another MotoGP thread

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
After a wee bit of feedback from this lot, mostly from Friday with a sprinkle of Saturday. Nothing from raceday, i was too busy in the grandstands cheering on the riders.

Rented a 100-400 to try and found an improvement, i think? Over last years. What do those in the know reckon?...

1. It's all about focus

untitled-1 by Spudnuts3, on Flickr

2. Scotty

untitled-32 by Spudnuts3, on Flickr

3. Redding

untitled-33 by Spudnuts3, on Flickr

4. Gorgeous Jorge

untitled-36 by Spudnuts3, on Flickr

5. The Calculator

untitled-40 by Spudnuts3, on Flickr

6. Vale!

untitled-41 by Spudnuts3, on Flickr

More to follow...

Last edited:
Last edited:
#4 for me!

Some of the others the framing is less than optimal (#7 and #9 in particular).

Looks like you had fun though!

great set

Thanks

Excellent, that was well worth the pain renting the 100-400 which performed great! Thanks for sharing(y)

Really wanted to try the lens, shall have to start saving now.

#4 for me!

Some of the others the framing is less than optimal (#7 and #9 in particular).

Looks like you had fun though!

Comments taken on board, no cropping for either of those two, the Brad shot, i had a similar shot which was framed better but the focus wasnt as good and the Marquez shot was the best i managed to get of him all weekend. He's just too damned fast.

And yes i had great fun.

That extra focal length looks like it's really come in handy!

Good stuff. :)

Thanks, much better than my 70-300, but it serves a purpose for someone on a budget like me. just no good for Silverstone.

Some dodgy cropping/framing going on for me.... But.... #4 is epic

Out of all the bike i photographed over the weekend, Lorenzo's bike came out with the most keepers, dunno why?

Probably a combination of contrasty colours and his smooth style, I imagine with Marquez jumping all over the bike there will be more inherent movement. Or I could be talking crap - only shot bikes once :)

I do find that when ever I try and capture a specific rider or driver I screw it up and get the best images of those I'm not really fussed about : D Murphy's law

#1,#4 & #10 are spot on well done, would have gone for a tight crop on Brad as it looks a sharp shot, recon you'd have got away with a 3/4 crop focusing on the centre of the bike.

Gotta get me one of those 100-400's (y) - Yours are so much sharper than my Sigma 150-500.

Where were most of those? Vale?

#1,#4 & #10 are spot on well done, would have gone for a tight crop on Brad as it looks a sharp shot, recon you'd have got away with a 3/4 crop focusing on the centre of the bike.

Thanks for your comments, I'll have another look at the brad shot.

Gotta get me one of those 100-400's (y) - Yours are so much sharper than my Sigma 150-500.

Where were most of those? Vale?

No, through the fence at the bottom of the welly straight going into brooklands.

A few missing bits of bike but thought 4 and 6 were the best for me.

Must very very wee motors on those last two ;)

Last edited:
#4 for me from a nice set, won't mention the dodgy crops :D

yep #4 is a cracking shot not saying the rest are shabby mind you(y)

Cheers Graham

Nice set. 100-400 seems a great lens.

It's not bad if you're on a budget like me. I'll be saving the pennies to upgrade in the future i think.The push pull focusing takes a while to get used to. I think if the weather wasn't as good the lens would have struggled though.

Back