Another muso taking the mick

Good finds! What on earth would their friends say? Oh, that's right - they probably don't have any!!! :)

The 2nd kid is awesome! They both probably need to get out more though... (jealous? me? never!)

You ever seen a Stu Hamm bass solo, Bachs? Or Steve Vai in full flow? They're frighteningly good too!

Steve Vai ROCKS!! I've only got one of his albums but theres on track on it, what am I saying, its a 12" picture disc record, didn't have tracks in them days, just guess work where to drop the needle, anyway it's called 'For the love of god' just mad guitar playing.:bonk:

'For The Love Of God' is amazing. I used to play it, and it's not actually THAT difficult (other than getting the 'feel' of it right) - but I've always said that playing stuff like that is one thing; writing it is another.

wicked :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: all hail Catdaddy!!!

Do you do gigs around the country?

Next TPF meet is at Catdady's next gig for beers and pictures and of course some tunes!!!

Hahaha! Well, it's a long time since I was that technical, to be honest! I rely more on feel now. Even so, I'm doing the following dates...

3rd August 2006 The Brook , Southampton
4th August 2006 The Musician, Leceister
5th August 2006 Bisley Harley Davidson Festival, Surrey
6th August 2006 Boom Boom Club, Sutton
10th August 2006 The Robin 2, Wolverhampton
11th August 2006 The Half-Brick, Worthing
12th August 2006 The British Arms Bike Fest B'Day Party, Irthlingborough

These dates are with Mike Estes who used to play for Skynyrd... Come along - I'd love some decent pics of it all! There will be some acoustic dates too at the start of July, but I'm not quite sure when and where as yet...

(y)

Leicester would be closest for me, but not sure what shift I'm on. The acoustic ones sound good, but i'm on my jollies for two weeks in july. You got any plans for some nottingham gigs, have you played at rock city?

I'll put it to the promoter, Glen - it would be good to play Rock City, it has to be said! (And would make sense if we're up that neck of the woods!)

If you can't do the Leicester one, Irthlingborough is probably the nearest...

Catdaddy said:
You ever seen a Stu Hamm bass solo, Bachs? Or Steve Vai in full flow? They're frighteningly good too!

I have 3 Stu Hamm albums...in fact I ammassed a massive CD collection of any bass player that was worth his salt.

Loads of Steve Vai too.
The technical stuff is great and I played in a fusion band for a while but like yer good self I preferred 'feel' playing.

Off to see Mark King with his reformed Level 42 in November who have the first new album in 12 years coming out in November for any fans of the old slapper!

Back