Another my daughter portrait

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got a Pixco FD/ES lens adaptor with optics and a chip in that tells the camera to enter manual focus mode, you then alter the shutter speed accordingly, I used the light metering on the rear screen of my 400D to gauge correct speed and took a few test shots, not had chance for a proper play with my telephoto FD lenses but the 24mm FD lens produced this shot of my daughter yesterday.
ISO400, 1/400th sec, at F1.8 24mmFD lens and the adaptor

Just recently found these on E-Bay at a reasonable price £34.00 so took a chance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290443803987#ht_2464wt_698

Not sure exactly what the gadget is supposed to do, but the image is completely unsharp so I would be pretty diasppointed with it myself.

As said above, to me the entire image looks out of focus, unless thats the look you were going for??

Clarke

what does the gadget do exactly?

Was it supposed to render the image completely out of focus?

what does the gadget do exactly?

Was it supposed to render the image completely out of focus?
:LOL::LOL:
Ha, no not quite perhaps this was not the best image to put up to demonstrate the adaptor, I just liked how the shot came out.
The original shot had her mouth and back edge of her face in focus as she was thrashing her head around so I added a bit of gaussian blur so it all looked the same probably over did it a bit :bang:

I do like soft focus on portraits, I will play some more when I have time and put up a sharp one for you [if I can ;) ]

Back