Another new bag thread

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I'm looking for a new bag as I've outgrown my current one and am looking for advice as 99.9% of you on here are infinitely more knowledgeable than me. I've currently got a Nikon D5100, 18-55mm kit lens, 35mm prime and a Yongnuo YN565EX flash but am also looking to add a 70-300mm lens (either the Nikon f4.5-5.6G or Tamron f4-5.6 USD) in the near future so the new bag will have to hold all of this.

I prefer the messenger bag style and from searching it looks like either the Lowepro Nova Sport 17L or Think Tank Retrospective 7 are the best bet and they both appear to have good reviews so I was wondering if anyone had strong opinions either way? Alternatively if anyone could suggest a bag that I haven't considered that would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

From my own experience, whatever you buy "on-line" will not do what you want it to. Try and find a retailer with stock and try before you buy.

Reactions: KAS
think tank urban disguise! ...bought it and it has stopped my addiction to buying bags full stop!!!!! ....

From my own experience, whatever you buy "on-line" will not do what you want it to. Try and find a retailer with stock and try before you buy.

Irritatingly there aren't many bricks and mortar stores round here, only a currys locally and a jessops and small independent who don't appear to carry much in the way of accessories about 45 minutes drive away.

I recently purchased the Think Tank Citywalker, which I think will be the last bag I buy.

Think tank retrospective are fab in my opinion:) I have the 5 for just camera and one lens and the 10 for carrying more. Today I went out with my camera with 35mm attached, 50mm ,90mm, kit lens and flash was a little heavy but the shoulder pad is quite good. These are the first cameras bags I've been 100% happy with and ive had a fair few over the past couple of years.
Hope this helps

I bought a Vanguard Heralder at the Photography Show last month - very impressed with it for the price. They do them in a few sizes so might be worth a look.

There are loads of camera bags online, problem is, we don't have many stores nearby so buying one is always a lottery. I must have bought and sold loads of bags because they are never what I expect. It would help if retailers or manufacturers had pictures of models wearing the bags so at least you would get an idea of size.
The bag I have had the longest is a Domke F803 rugged wear which comfortably holds my D7100, 18-300vr and 70-300vr as well as charger small flash and lens pens. The best thing is, it doesn't look like a camera bag
Allan

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I've certainly got a lot of options now to have a look through.

Back