Another new camera - the K-Pan - medium format panoramic camera

H'mm guys here are doing some nice pano shots with their Rollei\Yashicas

Physical slides from this should be a thing of beauty to see in person, the scans on his site look very nice.

Now that definitely floats my goat. I shall be keeping an eye on that one.

The difference is that this shoots it in one frame which means you don't have any alignment/movement issues.

Yep, saves a lot of messing about.

N00b question...

The kickstarter talks about the camera coming with a "lens cone". I presume that this is a mounting point for an actual lens of your choice, which you would need to supply yourself?

As far as I've seen, yes. There's the main body then the lens cone is bolted to it with additional spacers in between the to account for different lenses.

As far as I've seen, yes. There's the main body then the lens cone is bolted to it with additional spacers in between the to account for different lenses.

It's good but it's no Chroma. :D

Also, the spacers apparently are used to adjust focus... so not the easiest camera, but certainly if you have some special pano shots in mind, this would fit the bill.

H'mm guys here are doing some nice pano shots with their Rollei\Yashicas
If I understand right... this is like a Hasselblad X-Pan, but shooting on 120 roll film rather than 35mm so much larger negatives...

Also, the spacers apparently are used to adjust focus... so not the easiest camera, but certainly if you have some special pano shots in mind, this would fit the bill.

The camera is deigned to use large format lenses with integrated shutters. The spacers are used to set the lens at it's infinity focus point (or closest focus etc if you want to try and guess!) then you basically frame, meter then set the aperture/shutter speed on the lens.

If I understand right... this is like a Hasselblad X-Pan, but shooting on 120 roll film rather than 35mm so much larger negatives...

Exactly. It's a 120 roll film camera with a much larger film aperture than most other medium format cameras.

Back