Another new toy (whoops)

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
I might have just bought a Polaroid 250 to replace my 450 which has a dodgy flash sync

I'm also really interested to try this big ol' M3 flash...

More pics when it arrives - it's got the original case, close up and portrait attachments, cloud and UV filters, self timer and cable release... the works!

il_fullxfull210323131.jpg

The flash looks wicked !!!!

Congratulations on a wonderful purchase ;-)

Thanks, yes it's one shot bulbs. I quite like the look of them, the cubes in the 450 were great but hard to find and the connection became a bit dodgy and I lost a few frames... I'll be selling some parts from it soon including cable release, cloud filter, UV filter and portrait attachment.

There's something pretty cool about the single use bulbs. I love the PF1 bulbs in my Paxette. Threr's something 'Hollywood' about the look of the bulb flashes!

ped

Well, it's cheap compared to the SX70 stuff!

I have a fair bit stored away, I was selling it on eBay until I deceided that I might as well get a new camera so I could use it. Got a nice mixture of Fuji and Impossible stuff.

I really like these cameras - I'm a rangefinder addict and a polaroid addict - this blends both together! I have some shots on the flickr link in my sig.

Cheers!

It arrived yesterday so spent the evening playing with it and giving it a good clean (it was very tidy beforehand actually)

It took me a while to realise the flash had no batteries so I popped one in. The body has been converted to take 3XAAA which is nice.

I prefer not having the film timer on the back, it fits the Fuji packs in better that the 450 which required some jostling and felt a bit tight.

I've squared away all the accessories I now have doubles of, so I'll head over to the sales forum later with pics etc.

Got to love the sound of the flash, a nice metallic ping with a fizz after... very satisfying. It gives great coverage too. I've run half a pack of OOD Polacolor film though (8 shots left in camera) and just loaded a FP3000B pack and tried a few shots. The flash is hardly necessary with such fast film but I really like the look, plus I didn't realise the flash can be bounced, too.

I'll put up some pics later!

Cheers

Sounds great ped. Can I see a picture of the 3 AAA conversion please? I'm tempted to convert mine but I've struggled to find a 3 AAA battery holder that fits - it needs to be one of those which are rounded, like the ones in a flashlight I think.

Oh that's a good idea - thanks, would be appreciated. The old 4.5V cell that came with the camera actually still works perfectly fine, but I can't bank on it!

Sounds great ped. Can I see a picture of the 3 AAA conversion please? I'm tempted to convert mine but I've struggled to find a 3 AAA battery holder that fits - it needs to be one of those which are rounded, like the ones in a flashlight I think.

Some of the torches on market stalls can be had for less than a pound (and some of them are for 3 aaas ), which is probably less than you can buy the battery holder on it's own.

I took a connector off of an old 9v battery and attached the ends to the battery holder. This means I managed to fix it without soldering/non-destructively, I just had to unscrew the bracket in the camera which holds the original battery in place.

I had to dismantle a few 9v batteries to find one that worked well (there's a number of variations of internal design, but one of them had a metal strip that could be bent to fit the battery holder). The shutter now fires fine and seems to meter consistently... I did this a couple of months ago and am still waiting for a nice day to test it with film!

Back