Another Newbie

P 1

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all :)
First post - just found the forum courtesy of Aquila Eagle. Thanks Ian :thumb:

I've had a long time interest in cameras / photography since my first SLR, a Pentax ME Super back in the early 1980s. (I still have it!)
My first move into Digital was a Sony F505, followed by a Sony F707 (both of which I still have too). I'm ready for a return to SLR and now have a D200 and 18-200 VR DX lens on order. Can't wait, even though the bank will be well and truly broken :(

Looks like a good friendly forum, unlike some of the other more stuffy forums around, so I look forward to some fun times here.

Cheers,

Gary.

It certainly is Gary - welcome along :) I have learnt a lot in the little time I have been active here (only really just got active, having joined earlier in the year)

You'll like it here!

P 1 said:
Hi all :)
First post - just found the forum courtesy of Aquila Eagle. Thanks Ian :thumb:

I've had a long time interest in cameras / photography since my first SLR, a Pentax ME Super back in the early 1980s. (I still have it!)
My first move into Digital was a Sony F505, followed by a Sony F707 (both of which I still have too). I'm ready for a return to SLR and now have a D200 and 18-200 VR DX lens on order. Can't wait, even though the bank will be well and truly broken :(

Looks like a good friendly forum, unlike some of the other more stuffy forums around, so I look forward to some fun times here.

Cheers,

Gary.

Welcome from another NEWBY :)

OH - Roadkill joined today too - saw his name on the newly registered members panel :)

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Joe T said:
Welcome! :D

And a Nikon man too, nice one! :D

Thanks for the welcome :)
I'd had my eyes set on a Canon 20D for a good while but I'd seen some fantastic pics from a D70 (Ian will know Jimbo). That, the spot metering, and the fact that the new Nikon seems to be the "next step" swung it in the end.

Looks like I'll have the body a few weeks before the lens arrives though :(

You know what Gary, I have told oss about this forum, but not Jimbo - I got a cracking Xmas card from Jimbo - with his shot of Glencoe on it - magnificent!!

AquilaEagle said:
OH - Roadkill joined today too - saw his name on the newly registered members panel :)

:wave4: Roadie.
Can't wait to get some practice in back on Arran.

I agree Arran is so good for pics! I posted my sunset shots for some advice!

Ian
Get Jimbo on here quick!
He has a lot to offer. I think I got the same Christmas card - he really does know what he's doing with a camera, and has a good eye too.

Welcome aboard. Hmmm seen that avatar before. :ponders:

Tonky
Have a look at the S forum. We have a pro photographer just joined. If we could run some sort of photography workshop on a meet that should be fun :) I'm up for learning whatever I can.

Well Budgie has kindly offered to let me have a link to here in my siggy over on S2Ki. Good news about the pro, but you've had one for ages, Dazzajl is a pro and he posts here.:)

I'm up for a meet, it's just a question of where and fitting it in. We do try to get meets going on here and we've had a couple this year - one at Chester Zoo, and one on the East Coast photographing seals, but we're a new board yet and as we grow we'll hopefully be having a lot more get togethers.

Edit, I might add we regularly get members getting together for mini meets for motor racing and such, so keep an eye on the boards.

CT said:
Well Budgie has kindly offered to let me have a link to here in my siggy over on S2Ki. Good news about the pro, but you've had one for ages, Dazzajl is a pro and he posts here.:)

I'm up for a meet, it's just a question of where and fitting it in. We do try to get meets going on here and we've had a couple this year - one at Chester Zoo, and one on the East Coast photographing seals, but we're a new board yet and as we grow we'll hopefully be having a lot more get togethers.

Edit, I might add we regularly get members getting together for mini meets for motor racing and such, so keep an eye on the boards.

Looks like lots of potential :thumb: I'll keep an eye out for opportunities. Obviously haven't had time to look around this forum too far yet, but what I've seen so far looks good.

Hi P 1

Welcome to the forums. I received your PM and have replied, if you have more issues drop me or any other staff a PM and we will do our best to help.

Have fun and enjoy the forums. :)

CT i posted the link on a couple of threads there too - the Jockmeet one (for oss and Jimbo) and on one of wampa's threads (he's a pro) for him and grahamb

:)

Hello :)

Back