Another newcomer

Name
Gillian
Edit My Images
Yes
Stumbled across this site by accident as I was completing a printing order with a lab and saw the link. Never been in a forum before but after viewing some of your 'threads' I was hooked. Hi from wet & windy Mid Wales. I am a civil servant - which pays for my photography gear, so I must not grumble about work. Gillian

hi gillian welcome to the forums (y)

Hi Gillian and Welcome aboard :wave:

(y)

Hi Gillian :wave:

Welcome to Talk Photography :)
Put your feet up and enjoy a virtual cuppa (y)

Nothing wrong with being a civil servant ;) (Nor with being from Wales).

What sort of camera do you prefer shooting with?

:wave: Hi Gillian, welcome (y)

Wow! thanks for the welcome. I have been taking photographs for many years, but not seriously until a couple of years ago. I take portraits, cover Weddings and other events, usually through friends and family. The largest group I shot formally was earlier this year of approx 220 people at a family reunion. When I have mastered uploading an image, I will show you.

My equipment includes:- Canon 20D & 350D, 17-40mm, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 75-300mm & Sigma 105 Macro lenses. Lowepro, Oyster & Jessops bags, Manfrotto tripod, 580 EX Speedlite, Metz 45cl-4 flashgun, Photoshop CS2 and a portable studio. Wish list would include Canon 1Ds MkII and an Epson R2400 printer. I do have a website, but after viewing some of yours, I feel quite humble. If you want a peek it is www.lilymayphotography.com

Gillian

welcome along Gilly!

Welcome to the forums :)

Was it colab you found the link on?

TPF members get a discount on that site.....bit late now I know, but their service is fantastic so your bound to use them again (y)

Thanks Rebecca.

Digitalfailure - Yes it was Colab. I sent an order off last night - I might ring them tomorrow and suggest a discount - they can only say no.

Arkady - Was the Gawd not another one aimed at my Canon kit? My first camera was a Nikon FM2 (I think). :shrug: :canon:

(y) welcome (y) :canon:

Back