Another Oulton Park 21-02-09 Lotus & Drift

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
Yes
A nice day out and some warmth for once. less talk and heres the photos.

1. trying something new
IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

4. The black sheep of the family
IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

8.Soft top or HARD?
IMG_2602.jpg

9.Thats all the Lotus now for the other cars. This one shows there was sun shine.
IMG_2477.jpg

10. A nice TVR
IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

12.on the track
IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

15. Drifting action
IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

20. And what i think is the best shot of the day.
IMG_2505.jpg

It was also nice to meet Matt Sayle and co. But Matt is that not the rack behind you?

IMG_2176.jpg

I know :coat:

C&C welcome. sorry for the heavy picture count

:naughty: I liked the buggy shot as well but wish I had waited a fraction of a secound longer as he tilted over even more. I think i over did the tweeking abit as well. :bonk: will have to get ajprice to show me how to use photoshop.

Damned nice picture, thanks!

267bhp RX-8 engine in the back if anyones interested :)
Never really got to use full beans though, too damned slippy!

It pulls proper full-on wheelies gravel/mud too :love:

We might be out again later in the year, but don't hesitate to come over and ask for a passenger ride, we only took a couple of lads out today.

Been looking at the photos on here - all very impressive! I was one of the driftday organisers and was out in my black Westfield so any photos of that would be appreciated! :D

Damned nice picture, thanks!

267bhp RX-8 engine in the back if anyones interested :)
Never really got to use full beans though, too damned slippy!

It pulls proper full-on wheelies gravel/mud too :love:

We might be out again later in the year, but don't hesitate to come over and ask for a passenger ride, we only took a couple of lads out today.

Will do if I remember next time I see you on track. some more pics here link

Steve PH the only pics of a black Westfield i have are here and here

And since easy007 has asked in other thread start looking here.

just uploaded about 50 pics mainly of the 180sx

I'll probably be at Cadwell on 27th of March in something in a similar vein, off road rally car, although prettier, lower and 4wd.

And since easy007 has asked in other thread start looking here.

just uploaded about 50 pics mainly of the 180sx

Thank you very much Ziploc, some of those are really great (y)

I heavily rely on guys like you to take pics as no-one ever comes with me :crying:

Any chance of getting the hires of this one?

IMG_2304.jpg

----------------
Now playing: Santogold - Creator
via FoxyTunes

to be completely honest they are nearly all soft or blurry... what camera are you using?

canon 450D with a canon 75-300 F4-5.6 III USM and think its due to user error :bang: bringing the camera battery grip with me next week to see if that helps me get a better grip on the camera and hopefully better shots.

Thank you very much Ziploc, some of those are really great (y)

I heavily rely on guys like you to take pics as no-one ever comes with me :crying:

Any chance of getting the hires of this one?

IMG_2304.jpg

----------------
Now playing: Santogold - Creator
via FoxyTunes

Can do original raw files 14 meg and a full blown Jpeg is 5 meg just need a method to get them to you

canon 450D with a canon 75-300 F4-5.6 III USM and think its due to user error :bang: bringing the camera battery grip with me next week to see if that helps me get a better grip on the camera and hopefully better shots.

some of it is probably just down to practice, but i think some of it is down to your settings..
I'll pick a couple and give you my humble opinion:

1) 1/60th is really too slow for a hand held shot like that. Its a very dark image so it really needs a higher ISO. Or a tripod to hold the camera still.

10) should be a nice easy shot to get sharp (i'm assuming that car is stopped?). I think 1/125 for a non-panning shot is a bit risky. It would be better to use a faster shutter speed. Maybe use Av mode, open the aperture to max and you'd get the fastest shutter speed and a nice shallow depth of field.

12) is a good shot at a good shutter speed, but its a little bit blurry which i think is just down to panning practice.

20) is a great shot.. needs to be a tiny bit sharper but other than that i really love it.

overall i think it would be good to increase the saturation, contrast and sharpness on the whole set either with photoshop or in the camera settings.

hope this helps a bit :)

must be doing about 10mph then?
at that shutter speed i would expect some motion blur on the wheels

There is on the back wheel, but he'd jsut pulled the handbrake to get the car back the other way for the hairpin.

He was at the top of 2nd/into 3rd gear there, one of the fastest parts of the track, its the same place 16. was taken.

Last edited:
There is on the back wheel, but he'd jsut pulled the handbrake to get the car back the other way for the hairpin.

He was at the top of 2nd/into 3rd gear there, one of the fastest parts of the track, its the same place 16. was taken.

dude I can't work out if you are taking the Mick or getting confused with a different pic l

Sorry, me mixing the numbers up, blame it on alcohol :) :bonk:

send me a pint I could do with some.:beer: as for picture 10. the car was stopped he might of just been about to move off to park up where shot 11. was taken.

badgerbaiter and Matt Sayle (see other weeks post) thanks for the tips. Came here to learn.

Back