'Another Place' light paintings

Name
hayley
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out to Crosby beach in Liverpool last night and experimented with some light painting around the 'Another place' exhibition of iron men. I wanted to create something a bit spooky and surreal. Couldn't stay out too long though as nearly got frostbite! :eek:The images could probably do with a bit of noise reduction due to the long exposures used. Any comments welcome! :)

Another Place by hailstorm78, on Flickr

cracker and lovely images there

andy

Firstly I'd have loved to have seen the looks you were getting from the commuters :LOL: :wacky: only a fellow light painter/artist would understand you carrying all that stuff :LOL: I have to say you've done a great job :clap: there are a couple of ghosting issues :shrug: but that's an occasional fact of life with light painting and just something to work on (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Haha, yeah, carrying a wheel and a hula hoop with LED lights attached on a busy train did attract lot of attention! I think the ghosting issues kinda work with these images as they add to the surreal effect. It's hard to be perfect with light painting, especially when the frostbite is kicking in! lol. :eek:would gladly have stayed out much longer to get them perfect in better weather conditions! :)

Firstly I'd have loved to have seen the looks you were getting from the commuters :LOL: :wacky: only a fellow light painter/artist would understand you carrying all that stuff :LOL: I have to say you've done a great job :clap: there are a couple of ghosting issues :shrug: but that's an occasional fact of life with light painting and just something to work on (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

HAHA, i often wonder what people think when they walk past my house and see constantly flashing coloured lights but to be on a train with all that equipment they may have thought hayley was off to a rave?:)

Extremely envious great photos would love to do something like this well done

HAHA, i often wonder what people think when they walk past my house and see constantly flashing coloured lights but to be on a train with all that equipment they may have thought hayley was off to a rave?:)

Haha, I'm sure that if the police ever see me hanging around dodgy places at night prancing around with light up wheels they will send me to a loony bin!!

Back