Another Portobello Sunrise

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Lovely pics Simon, but they'd probably get more attention in the landscapes section. :)

I wonder how Portobello Sunsire would look if processed like D2-9117 for stronger colours.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that and thought given they are shot in the city it was best to put them here. I'll try over in the Landscape section as I would be interested to hear some thoughts. I might have a re-edit of the one you pointed out. To be honest I edit very quickly and treat the photos individually rather than as a group.

your shot with the seat is the best
as for landscape...its a firthscape for me..but there you are
there has been a bit of where photo's should go on the forum lately...dont let it worry you
if you feel it should be here...folks will get to see it
to recap
your last shot with the seat is more a city shot anyway just learn how to tone down a burning sun...to make it look 'setting'
cheers
geof

Any tips on toning the sun down would be welcomed. I like shots with the sun in the frame and usually take a few exposures but I'm not the best with photoshop

Any tips on toning the sun down would be welcomed. I like shots with the sun in the frame and usually take a few exposures but I'm not the best with photoshop

that is the question whether it is nobler to wait till its behind a cloud or clone it and by that so dimming its view but not its effect
thank you henry V at barfleur...or words to that effect

i tried a ham fisted clone and that i would say is what i would do...if the sun has burnt a hole so to speak there are no pixels which will respond to burn or dodge...
the more adept here may be would say use a layer etc...i havent even done one of those and they are on my photoshop..they never seem to work
just ignore me and continue...i like your love of your portobello sunsets and the more you take you may wear out the sun a bit
joke!!
cheers and all the best
and
if i dont see you through the week....???
geof

just ignore me and continue...i like your love of your portobello sunsets and the more you take you may wear out the sun a bit
joke!!
cheers and all the best
and
if i dont see you through the week....???
geof

I'll see you through the window.

I'll keep trying to wear that sun out down at Portobello and at last the sunsets are round the corner. All the shots so far have been sunrises.

I'll see you through the window.

I'll keep trying to wear that sun out down at Portobello and at last the sunsets are round the corner. All the shots so far have been sunrises.

well i got that one wrong...sunrises of course..

here is a bodge up

PB23.jpg

Cheers Mr T. I'll have a play with cloning and using the other exposures.

I wouldn't bother, it was way better how it was.

I really like the first, the reverse symmetry between the cloud and the groyne work nicely and the colours are fab.

Back