Another quick snap

Name
James Knott
Edit My Images
Yes
In my friends garden, playing around with the camera.

There's something about this that I like:

2248182183_bdac014b59.jpg

Full Size Flickr

What do you think?

First reaction? I wish the tog would stop cutting peoples heads off! Its honestly the first thing that comes to mind :D

Not keen on the busy background either, but hey, if you like it (y)

I like this picture and the crop, although I'm the kind of person who's mouse really likes the crop tool. I like the angle of his head too, all I would have personally done (although it's already nice) is maybe taken the dodge tool in ps set on highlight and clicked on his eyes a few times to brighten them a bit more, not much just the catchlight and whites.

First reaction? I wish the tog would stop cutting peoples heads off! Its honestly the first thing that comes to mind :D

Not keen on the busy background either, but hey, if you like it (y)

wow, y do people care so much about cropping, seriously!??

i'm pretty new to photography and imho whether the top of his head is in frame or not doesn't matter most of the time to me.

In this case i think it makes you focus more on the face.

i really like thie portraight, great expression, and nice tones.

Like it. Nice understated colour. B+W'd be nice too.(y)

I like it - a lot.

I like the cropping of the head (sorry Betty:LOL:)

I find the head being cut off distracting, and makes the image feel incomplete.
But as far as negatives go, thats the only one I can find.
The colours are nicely done, not over saturated, not under saturated.
The composition is ace, and the amount of background to the right leads you into the image.
The subject (as inaglo said) looks very at ease with the camera, and the stare is intense.
Good capture! (y)

Thanks for the comments. I can see that the framing is going to be a bit of a 50/50 and down to personal preference. I suppose it's just because I like portraits shot that way. This picture isn't actually cropped at all by the way.

Back