Another Rannoch Moor mega morning

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I think they're all lovely Steve but No.1 and No.2 are just outstanding for me.

Well done and thanks for posting :D

A lovely set Steve, stunning conditons, 2+3 for me.

I was there in April, went up lunchtime, ready for the sunset, and possibly staying on for sunrise. It was calm on Rannoch but it was dull and grey. It livened up at Torren Lochan though later in the day.

You can't beat an early morning on the moor in conditions like you had Steve and you've nailed those, number 3 in particularly for me. There's bags of atmosphere in these and the tones are very subtle, looks like a perfect morning.

Last edited:
Summer and you've still got snow?! We're lucky to get that much in winter around here. :p:(

Great set as always. Hard to choose a favourite, #3 maybe.

2c at the time of taking these - hands very stiff and numb. Goretex gloves ordered. I hate the cold - but it does keep the midges away so that's the plus. These were taken on the Thursday of the queens jubilee weekend - so 3 weeks off midsummer and 2c on Rannoch Moor. Abnormally cold but abnormally midge free....

2c at the time of taking these - hands very stiff and numb. Goretex gloves ordered. I hate the cold - but it does keep the midges away so that's the plus. These were taken on the Thursday of the queens jubilee weekend - so 3 weeks off midsummer and 2c on Rannoch Moor. Abnormally cold but abnormally midge free....

I recommend thermal lined trousers for cold weather landscape photography

Cheers ,mate -I think you'd have liked this morning, it was cold enough for you to be very comfortable.
I hope you were out a few mornings ago? My pal was and the conditions were just stunning, right up your street and I'd have loved to have been there! I'll share her image to you on Insta...

I hope you were out a few mornings ago? My pal was and the conditions were just stunning, right up your street and I'd have loved to have been there! I'll share her image to you on Insta...

I wasn't - wish I was. Cashflow is a bit tight while I save up for my 7 week autumn Pyrenean/Alpine/Picos de Europa trip.

I saw the shot I think you mean, very nice indeed but more than happy enough with my haul from this trip and this one to not feel too green with envy over her picture.

Plus she has a dog, and I really do not dogs. Last time I ran into her she had the thing off the lead and it really just annoyed me so to forgo running into an off the lead dog is not a bad thing for me.

Last edited:
Back