Another self portrait from the office.

Edit My Images
Yes
The first time I posted one of these I was given some useful critique, 'try to get another jet in shot'. Yesterday I got that opportunity:

Poison Formation 22 Oct 13 - Flickr by StampedeT2, on Flickr

We were heading north west at about 430pm, so the RHS of the image is overexposed. Additionally, I'm not overly happy with the visor cover but it's something that shouldn't really be removed.

Regards,

Cheesy

This is such a cool shot! not something you see every day. Keep up the good work. All the best

Excellent shot Cheesy! RHS doesn't look bad at all on my monitor. I like how deep the blue is at the top of the frame. Very small niggle is that I would prefer it if the wing of the other plane were not clipped but certainly not a big issue.

Keep up the good work and carry on with the wonderful images. :)

Jeff.

Great image. Are you an RAF photographer, Cheesy? Saw a job opening come up on the RAF website for one the other day...

I assumed that Cheesy was sat behind the pilot, therefore not operating the flight controls? I could be wrong though! Still looks like a self-y :p

Great image. Are you an RAF photographer, Cheesy? Saw a job opening come up on the RAF website for one the other day...

No I'm not an RAF Photographer, this is my day job. The sortie was a dedicated formation teach sortie for the student in the jet over my left shoulder. The lead aircraft was programmed to be solo so I cleared my schedule and sat in the backseat.
I assumed that Cheesy was sat behind the pilot, therefore not operating the flight controls? I could be wrong though! Still looks like a self-y :p

The handling pilot was sat in the front, although the Hawk can be paid from eaither cockpit. It is a selfie!Cheesy

Nice Paul,
A daft question for you but it's been bugging me :) , how do you guys stay cool in all that gear surrounded by glass with the sun beating down on you, I presume the flight suits are temperature controlled in some way?
John

Nice Paul,
A daft question for you but it's been bugging me :) , how do you guys stay cool in all that gear surrounded by glass with the sun beating down on you, I presume the flight suits are temperature controlled in some way?
John

LoL, with his job THAT is what's bugging you? :)
His office bugs me. A lot. I don't often see people and think; "I'd really like your job".

Very very cool.

Nice Paul,
John

Pilots are always cool, haven't you seen top gun :LOL:

(I think some jets have aircon - largely to keep the electronics cool - no idea if that features in the hawk tho)

Pilots are always cool, haven't you seen top gun :LOL:

(I think some jets have aircon - largely to keep the electronics cool - no idea if that features in the hawk tho)

Yes, we have aircon in the jet and it does cool the significant avionic suite in the nose before getting to the crew. The aircon is really effective but is generated by the engine and at low RPM (ie on the ground) it doesn't really produce much output (and that output is prioritised to the avionics). That is why we taxy the jets with the canopy open whenever possible.

Regards,

Cheesy

Yes, we have aircon in the jet and it does cool the significant avionic suite in the nose before getting to the crew. The aircon is really effective but is generated by the engine and at low RPM (ie on the ground) it doesn't really produce much output (and that output is prioritised to the avionics). That is why we taxy the jets with the canopy open whenever possible.

Regards,

Cheesy

:cool: Ahh , learn something new everyday .

Awesome shot , best selfie i've seen in a while (y)

Way to cool! Superb!

Back