Another self-portrait

Name
Two Dogs....
Edit My Images
Yes
Another Self portrait from the realms of me. Taken using the same DIY sofbox arangement as before. You'll notice the right should area is a bt odd looking. This is because I did a quick job to remove a radiator that was there. I'll tart it up a bit later.

big Picture Link (I think it looks better in the bigger size)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/236/3264888690_1df83e804c_b.jpg
3264888690_1df83e804c.jpg

Any C&C welcome. I was thinking maybe a tighter crop on it, but I'm not to sure. ?Anyone want to chip in?

Last edited:
At work just now so I can't remember exactly but, I got the lighting sorted by editing the raw file (I love the recovery slider. Not sure what it does, but man I love it).I didn't desaturate the image to much, in fact I upped the vibrance and saturation to get teh hair the way I wanted. Next thing was te PS PP. Duplicated the background and desaturated the image and used a mask to apply this to everywhere except the hair and the eye. Then I select the eye and used variations to get the right sort of green.
Finally, flatten image, unsharp mask over the whole thing at a fairly high level, and then using another mask I removed the sharpening from the hair. A little dodging on areas of reasonable shadow and th ejob was done :)

At work just now so I can't remember exactly but, I got the lighting sorted by editing the raw file (I love the recovery slider. Not sure what it does, but man I love it).I didn't desaturate the image to much, in fact I upped the vibrance and saturation to get teh hair the way I wanted. Next thing was te PS PP. Duplicated the background and desaturated the image and used a mask to apply this to everywhere except the hair and the eye. Then I select the eye and used variations to get the right sort of green.
Finally, flatten image, unsharp mask over the whole thing at a fairly high level, and then using another mask I removed the sharpening from the hair. A little dodging on areas of reasonable shadow and th ejob was done :)

Thanks for that.

As I understand it, the recovery slider tries to pull back some detail in the blown or over exposed areas of the shot.

That's a cracking shot, great lighting and quirky. There are some reflections off the wallpaper to the right that you may want to consider toning down or cloning out. Excellent work.

That's a cracking shot, great lighting and quirky. There are some reflections off the wallpaper to the right that you may want to consider toning down or cloning out. Excellent work.

Thats the actual wallpaper. IT frustrates me like you wouldn't believe. What you are seeing there is some gloss paint on the wall. Not like a spill or anything, the previous owner of the flat actually painted part of the wall in gloss. Crazy. Ah well, gives me encouragement to repaint I suppose.

Back