Another site thread

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I want to have a website for my photography.

The two main purposes are to hold a portfolio and to hold a lot of specific galleries for people to (hopefully) buy prints from. For hosting I am considering TA hosting http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=449

I have some experience with basic html coding (from school) and have a program (adobe bridge) that builds css galleries and can ftp upload them.

I would probably need the events galleries to have pictures that could be embedded in someone else's site which wouldn't work fro a css gallery?

Selling would probably be via email so needn't be embedded in the site (would make it more complicated?).

I've read the sticky, and most of the links on it adn none really seem to fit the bill so I though I would ask TP at large what it thought?

This is about all I know, what I want to do, not really how to do it. I also have no idea what to expect as monthly bandwidth?
Any and all help would be appreciated.

David

for hosting try http://www.web-mania.com i have been with them for years and have not had any problems

as for the website, there are hundreds of software packages that allow you to build a site with very little or no html knowledge whatsoever, like this very site we are on now, free and easy to set up and administrate, the extra bits and pieces are available to add to the basic software, i've installed many many forums and websites over the years so if you need any help give me a shout, i'll help where i can

Cheers Knocker, I might do that, but I shall try not to bend your ear too much :D

Also do you think 1gb is going to be enough storage, or 12gb enough bandwidth. The design I can probably muddle through ok but I just don't know about stuff like that :confused:

i would have thought 12gig bandwidth would suffice, however, there are loads of other options, have a look round and see whats available, i take it you plan on storing tons of images then ?

don't really know how much I intend to store depends on how long stuff stays up, 1gb 'should' be enough storage its the traffic that could've been a problem might go with TA hosting just for the price and the volume of good reviews they have had.

Settled on using cs3 galleries and emailing embeddable code to people that want it (the server stores the image in its original form)

Back