B&W Another Tree

It's a shame about the trails like you say, but its a striking image, and the IR looks really good otherwise.
Yeah was a bit gutted about the trails, have to say I didn't even really notice them when shooting, but IR really does bring out every little detail in the sky.

Good that is it's only 5 mins walk from my house so will get other shots.

Last edited:
That works for me Neil, great bit of work.(y)

George.

Really like this Neil, did you take a picture without IR? would like to see that. It might be a simple composition , but it works.

Yes I like that - what wavelength filter is in your D7000?

I use a full spectrum Panasonic G1

Nice, my favourite comps are simple.....Need to try out my IR filter, bought one to have little play with to see how I get on with IR....Just need to find some subjects now....

Last edited:
That works for me Neil, great bit of work.(y)

George.
Thanks George

I like that a lot - trails don't detract from it for me
Cheers Justin

Really like this Neil, did you take a picture without IR? would like to see that. It might be a simple composition , but it works.
Thanks Paul, no was just a walk about with the infrared camera.

Yes I like that - what wavelength filter is in your D7000?

I use a full spectrum Panasonic G1
Thanks Julian, it's been converted to 720nm

Nice, my favourite comps are simple.....Need to try out my IR filter, bought one to have little play with to see how I get on with IR....Just need to find some subjects now....
Cheers Gary, I've just been walking around Thurston Woods and broadsands, would love to get up on the moors with it.

Very nice. The trails don't hurt it too much for me, I think they would be an easy fix if they really bug you. I'm getting interested in this IR stuff.

Cheers Gary, I've just been walking around Thurston Woods and broadsands, would love to get up on the moors with it.

Taken at the pitch ant putt I guess?......There's a couple of places I have in mind when I get the chance...I haven't seen too much infrared done from the moors, I reckon the hawthorns would be starting to leaf now

Taken at the pitch ant putt I guess?......There's a couple of places I have in mind when I get the chance...I haven't seen too much infrared done from the moors, I reckon the hawthorns would be starting to leaf now
Yes Gary, there are a couple nice trees up there

Excellent shot would look great with clear sky behind the tree and clouds on the LHS.... but as one of your first goes seems you have nailed the ideal use of that range of IR. :D

Excellent shot would look great with clear sky behind the tree and clouds on the LHS.... but as one of your first goes seems you have nailed the ideal use of that range of IR. :D
Cheers Bryn, that certainly would be ideal conditions, a little bit more foliage on the tree will also give it more pop.

Back