Another try

S

Slvrbck

Hi all,
Had another chance to do some more studio shoots with a friend.
I'm am really trying to get it right in the camera so other than a sharpen and re size, I haven't done anything in photoshop (other than the obvious ones).

Black_Vest_Small.jpg

I hate the colour poping and the thing she painted on her face but she liked it.
Eyes_Small.jpg

Sassy_BW_Small.jpg

Sexy_eyes_Small.jpg

Any feedback would be a great help.

I like them, much better than the results im getting at the moment.

not keen on the second one, looks too blown for my liking, but the others look spot on to me

Thanks for the feedback Monkey,
I have shown a few people the 2nd one and I think 6 of them love it and 6 of them hate it :LOL:
I'm not keen but she likes it and so does her fella!

at the end of the day, if you like it and she likes it then it dont really matter if any one else does.

48 views and only 1 person posted :(

I know 2 isn't going to be every bodys cup of tea but I was happy with 1 & 3.
Think I have gone OTT on the eyes on 4.

Much better:clap:

She looks more relaxed now and I bet you were too.

You could do worse than get your hands on an old piece of corrugated steel to shoot her against rather than the background you have here. It would give it a certain feel.

I tried to get a new piece from the builders place near me and I couldn't it's all plastic now. So I bought a bit and I'm going to backlight through it. :D

corrugated steel.....
I hadn't thought about that but it's a fab idea.
I am lucky enough to be able to use a mates fairly trendy appartment, so without it looking to sleezy, I wanted to try and have a go at some more natural location stuff...

FWIW... I really like the treatment you have given 2, extreme processing can look awful but this is nice, clean and simple. Works for me... :)

Flashy

Not so sure about 1 as she doesn't appear to be looking at you... could be my eyes so apologies if she is :)

I like no.2 but not sure the colour pop, and think you might want to bring out more colour and make them really pop. There was a really good tutorial on here about changing eye colour which explains what i'm on about. I'll see if I can find it. Found It

I like no.3

no.4 I find the tan lines distracting but you could change that in photoshop if you wanted to, but know you are trying to avoid this.

This is all in my opinion of course and no offence intended.

Hope this helps

Lee

Last edited:
None taken Lee and I apreciate the time you have taken to offer so much feedback.

Thanks for the link, I will have another go at the same image using this tutorial and see what I come up with.

These are really good!

I love number 2, Its great to be able to do something a little different with such a great result. For me, the pop only adds to the image.

We are all on a learning curve, so as long as each shoot you try and make it better than the last, you will naturally improve.

Cheers

Paul

Cheers for the feedback Paul.
It's a long and painful curve when you realise how much better a photo could have been "if only":bang:, but I'm having a blast learning:woot:

Ace set, i'm still experimenting with studio lighting and would be well chuffed with anything half this good! (y)

She's cute with an edgy look and I'd be tempted to get outside in a grittier location, thinking graffiti, moody looking etc but the hi-key look works well.

No1 does nothing for me
n03 is lovely but backdrop spoils it
no2 high key-not blown as blown means too bright and it doesnt blind us-very 60's 70's look but eyes and stuff clear-nice.
no4 good lighting but hair covering 2nd eye.

Keep trying-like myself constant vigilence brings results eventually in studio work.

Martin

Okay so I looked back at the first set and I think these turned out much better. She looks more relaxed and more in her element. Not too sure how I feel about number two but over all great job! :D

Cheers folks,
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm on the hunt for a more gritty location at the moment and I think our next (maybe) shoot will be "on location".

I like these - your friend looks much more relaxed in this set ;)

Number one - I would have preferred direct eye contact.

Number two - I really like the processing on this, and although I usually hate selective colouring, I really like the effect because it is subtle

Number three - Good attitude shot - AliB's idea of a corrugated sheet would work fab with an image like this.

Number four - The eye contact makes this one! I like your friends hairstyle a lot, but was just wondering what it may have looked like with both of her eyes piercing the camera??

I hope you do not take offence at these comments, as they are IMO only.

Keep shooting and posting :)

Cheers,

Alan

I hope you do not take offence at these comments, as they are IMO only.

Not at all Alan,
Glad you like them to give this much feedback.
I am doing another shoot with Hanna soon and we are going to head outside and go for some gritty/rock shots :)

I think number 4 is best but I think the iris needs to a little brighter and if you are going to try and be as flawless as possible, try and whiten the red parts of the eye.

Good work.

Back