Another WGP Tree

Name
Lindsay Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried something a little different with the processing and am not at all sure. I think I should stick to the B&W, any comments welcome.

wgp4.jpg

Looks ok, but wonder what just the B&W looks like, just to compare....I usually try B&W when the lighting is flat.

I'm not sure about the toning but that's one handsome tree. Wonder if it's worthwhile taking a lower viewpoint so ensure that the branches are "free" from the other trees (assuming that it's possible, that is)? It's a definite candidate for mono or duotone though especially so with a moody sky.

an improvement or not?

Nah not for me.....The bw is to dark and the tree has lost too much detail imo. I much prefer the colour version but would consider desaturating the red sky a tad and trying to bring some detail back in the higher branches. I'm sure with some thought you could get a really cool shot of that tree.

Nah not for me.....The bw is to dark and the tree has lost too much detail imo. I much prefer the colour version but would consider desaturating the red sky a tad and trying to bring some detail back in the higher branches. I'm sure with some thought you could get a really cool shot of that tree.

You know I totally agree with what you have said, I am only twenty minutes from the said tree I think I will have another go at it after I recover from tonights celebrations. Thanks for the input.

Back