TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this today, apologies for the crop ! lol

Any ideas ?

dunno.jpg

yellowhammer, greenfinch, yellow wagtail??
nice shot though.

That was quick - nice shot, has good composition and the yellow looks good against the grey blurred backdrop(y)

Male yellowhammer according to my book. :)

Great capture!

Frequents... farmland, hedgerows, scrub, forest clearings and edges. Spread all over the British Isles most of Europe and Scandinavia.

Not sure I've seen one either.

Is he 1:1 in that first pic Ian?

It's pretty good Ian, there's a good pic there with a bit of work I'd think. Might even stand a bit of interpolation?

CT said:
Frequents... farmland, hedgerows, scrub, forest clearings and edges. Spread all over the British Isles most of Europe and Scandinavia. .

sounds like your average photographer..:D

Aww, cute!
I saw a dead one of those a few hours ago in a country lane, it was 5 mins before I feel through some kind of labrynth of little tunnels with huge entrance holes.
I got up faster than I went down (thinking frightened animals with huge teeth). All that ran off was a little mouse, with entrance holes that big I dont get it!
Oh & the bluebell pics were naff too!

We'll have to change your name to Alice. :D

Badgers probably. They do a lot of damage undermining farmland etc.

He! he! CT.. Ive chased a few white rabbits in time!
Well I was hoping it was badgers, I could hear movement in the woodland and it sounded fairly big, well bigger than a ruddy mouse anyway!
All I could think of was 'Janice will be so proud of me if I pull this off' I could hear a sort of squeaky warbling sound coming from below and excitedly waited for a badgers snout to peep out. Heard movement a couple of feet away, decided to creep around & check out one of the other holes & the ground just went from under me.
It was at this point I decided to leave the badgers to janice!

I was sat in a hedgerow once shooting pigeons from there, or I would have been if there were any about. It was one of those hedgerows that had grown so that there was a sort of low tunnel all along the bottom of it. I heard this crashing bumping noise of something moving along inside the hedgerow towards me. It sounded enormous. I remember my heart beating like a sledge hammer - I was really crapping it. Suddenly there he was ...a huge badger who took one look at me, turned around and went crashing off again. :D

Ive got a girly thing going on at Olympia tomorrow but youre tempting me to go back next weekend with a flask & something to park my butt on for a few hours.
If you like shooting pidgeons you'd have a field day in my back garden... fat buggers can barely get off the ground! :)

I've gone all weird now... I don't kill anything. :D

Back