Another Woody shot

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
another shot of the woodpecker from a few weeks ago quite a crop on this one though

woody_5.JPG

Well im no expert but it looks good to me....(y)

didn t think it was that bad guys:( would rather know whats wrong with it than no comment at all:shrug:

I would be very pleased with that. If I was being picky, I find the perch (which occupies more than 1/2 the interest in the image) too domineering. Having said that, it is better than any woody image I have achieved - so what do I know!

Looks good to me,
Please bear in mind that posts can get missed and its not always possible to have many folks on and they may well be just searching a spacific intrest.
Please dont take it as anything discouraging about your work, sometimes things get missed.
Miles better than any pic ive managed,
Great stuff

didn t think it was that bad guys:( would rather know whats wrong with it than no comment at all:shrug:

Karen, the speed posts appear on here somedays means that posts disappear down the list on the front page, I have had it happen to me.

With regard to this image there is an awful lot of contrast between the background and subject, this is due to a strong direct light source picking out the subject, but not the background, which gives this stark result.

Now it is not a bad photograph, and an accurate record of what you saw, but the lighting is not doing the image justice.

I have encountered this before, whilst we love good light there are times when it has been too good, and importantly too direct, which is what caused me issues with the Tawny chicks image I posted recently.

The way I look at it is if you could, and were setting this up in a studio you would not light it this way, a white bounce to the right would have improved the lighting no end, with wildlife it just is not possible.

Every element that you had control over is fine, the one you didn't has caused the problem, albeit a minor one. Compare this to some of your recent images of the Blue Tit, and observe the difference in lighting both of the subject and the background, you will see the difference lighting makes.

:exactly what he said:
not a bad picture at all, but the blackness takes away from the woody

nevertheless - pretty darn good shot! :clap:

(don't get despondent!)

Well im no expert but it looks good to me....(y)

thanks a lot for that

I would be very pleased with that. If I was being picky, I find the perch (which occupies more than 1/2 the interest in the image) too domineering. Having said that, it is better than any woody image I have achieved - so what do I know!

understand where you are coming from thank you just thought the perch was a bit different

Looks good to me,
Please bear in mind that posts can get missed and its not always possible to have many folks on and they may well be just searching a spacific intrest.
Please dont take it as anything discouraging about your work, sometimes things get missed.
Miles better than any pic ive managed,
Great stuff

thank you very much

A shot that I wouldn't mind having. If I had to be picky, the bird blends into the background too much due to the background being so dark. Still a great image.

Dai

thanks Dai you are probably right my other woody pics are a lot better

Karen, the speed posts appear on here somedays means that posts disappear down the list on the front page, I have had it happen to me.

With regard to this image there is an awful lot of contrast between the background and subject, this is due to a strong direct light source picking out the subject, but not the background, which gives this stark result.

Now it is not a bad photograph, and an accurate record of what you saw, but the lighting is not doing the image justice.

I have encountered this before, whilst we love good light there are times when it has been too good, and importantly too direct, which is what caused me issues with the Tawny chicks image I posted recently.

The way I look at it is if you could, and were setting this up in a studio you would not light it this way, a white bounce to the right would have improved the lighting no end, with wildlife it just is not possible.

Every element that you had control over is fine, the one you didn't has caused the problem, albeit a minor one. Compare this to some of your recent images of the Blue Tit, and observe the difference in lighting both of the subject and the background, you will see the difference lighting makes.

thanks Martyn I know the posts disappear quick sometimes but sometimes people who are new on here or just trying don t seem to get many comments if any and i think its a real shame when people have no comments at all i m not just on about my post but i have noticed this happens quite a bit to some people.I must admit looking at it know the lighting is a bit strong i don t usually use such strong lighting prefering a more subtle light it was just a different perch for a woody that was probably why I went for it probably not one of my best but we all have them i suppose.Thanks for your thoughts on it much appreciated

:exactly what he said:
not a bad picture at all, but the blackness takes away from the woody

nevertheless - pretty darn good shot! :clap:

(don't get despondent!)

thank you not one of my better shots thats all i won t get despondent i love my photography wouldn t know what to do without it:)

Great shot, was the crop really needed? What does the original look like, you could all ways show it in its environment if you can't get close enough.

Give me a chance girl!! I have been to the shops :LOL::LOL:Have to agree with Dai on the background Kaz, but as mentioned its a shot a lot of us would love to have or should that be a long enough piece of glass to get it? :LOL: Good capture (y)

You have set yourself a high standard with your recent stuff (y)

thanks for that Martyn

Great shot, was the crop really needed? What does the original look like, you could all ways show it in its environment if you can't get close enough.

thanks Liam it was took with a 300 so a crop was needed

Give me a chance girl!! I have been to the shops :LOL::LOL:Have to agree with Dai on the background Kaz, but as mentioned its a shot a lot of us would love to have or should that be a long enough piece of glass to get it? :LOL: Good capture (y)

thanks not one of my best but it was took with a 300 so not that long

I agree with Martyn, first thing I thought was that the light was very harsh (only just seen the thread :D), still I think in the circumstances you have done well.

Back