Anthony Gormleys Another Place | Long Exposure

gazedd

Ding Dong
Name
Gary Eddleston
Edit My Images
Yes
So I ventured out on a very cold Friday night to Crosby Beach in liverpool with my friend Marpol (see his thread in General Photo sharing).

We braved the cold bitter sea breeze and stood out on the beach in pitch darkness until the water washed us back onshore.

The below shot has been on my flickr account since friday night and has recieved quite a popular verdict.

3259215518_02598b8356_o.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 400D Digital
Exposure: 349 secs
Aperture: f/11.0
Focal Length: 18 mm
Exposure: +1.95
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: On

This can also be seen on my blog or flickr (click the links in my sig)

Kind Regards
gazedd

Last edited:
these have been photographed a lot, and for me never done anything, but this is definetly the exception (y)

A good take on a popular subject but the horizon is a bit wonky and there appears to be some strange marks around the star which look like dodgy cloning.

looks good mate, was a bitterly cold night though!

A good take on a popular subject but the horizon is a bit wonky and there appears to be some strange marks around the star which look like dodgy cloning.

I agree about my dodgy cloneing but Not for the horizon, The horizon cannot be stright with this angle.

Thanks for the comment though :)

Interesting idea going for the low light view but it is just too noisy for my liking. Lines from the sensor in the sky along with marks from sensor dust all detract. The focus appears to be on the foreground sand not the statue. Good effort but not quite I'd say.

Thanks Robert for your comments,
It was hard to get any focus in the pitch black, Although I thought I was focused in on the foreground @ F11.

I'm going to re-visit this shot at some point, so Maybe I'll get it spot on next time

looks good to me gaz, as said, Done many a time these Iron men so any new perspective is good

Back