Antwerp

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken in the Zurenborg district, lots of houses in the Art Nouveau style with some nice squares too.
Really liked Antwerp, not on everyone's list to visit, but well worth the effort

Antwerp 3.jpg

This is the Sint Anna pedestrian tunnel, lovely old wooden escalators with Art Deco style surroundings

sanna.jpg

Looks like an interesting place. :)

My memory of Antwerp is as a place with peripheral traffic problems and long waits in order to get around the city in order to head into Holland or France. :p

My memory of Antwerp is as a place with peripheral traffic problems and long waits in order to get around the city in order to head into Holland or France. :p

Think that's true of many places, no doubt also depends if it's a leisure or business trip
I mainly travel by train or very occasionally plane and then when I arrive use public transport, just have to love trams.

We were driving from the tunnel to visit friends in Holland, and got stuck going both ways on the motorway, ended up queuing for >2 hours trying to get round the place on the way back. I'd love to visit some time (this adds to the feeling) but the world is large & time limited.

Mine too - my Sat Nav crapped out on the way up from Munich and led me straight off the motorway and into the place for no good reason. It looked nice though but didn't have time to stop.

Back