Any advice appreciated - wedding booked at The Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!

I've got my very first solo wedding booked in January 2011 (going to be cold, maybe snowy) at The Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey.

I'm going to visit the venue in the next few weeks (alone) to get a feel for the place & choose some nice locations etc etc...

I'm also going there with the bride in about 6 weeks to run through the same ideas.

I'm starting this thread to get any specific advice about the place, anything I should be aware of - or any special kit you think I might have to take from photographers who've been there, but also shot weddings there...

Anything basically is appreciated!

The Abbey is not that close (1/2 mile walk) from The Devonshire Arms, request everyone wears welllie boots if your going down too the river at that time of year.

Will definitely go in December to check out the scenery - I'll run it past the B&G for a shot at the Abbey.

Cheers.

Devonshire arms is a beautiful location for weddings and i'm sure if we have a mild december/Jan you'll get some lovely colours. The wellies idea will be a great idea if it fits with the bride and grooms personalities and it would make for some humorous shots of the groom and his best man, ushers etc. Even the Bride dodging a few puddles.

If you need any help on the day I would love to come along and carry your gear, take a few 2nd shooter shots etc and for free of course

Back