Beginner Any advice welcome, first few snaps and edits.....

Name
Dianne reap
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive litterally been too busy playing with camera settings than actually sitting down amd doing online courses... i will "focus" properly soon. But got these images of the sea and used lightroom for a little editing, I have to admit I am a monochrome lover ‍♀️
Any advice welcome

Attachments

• 20210217144118_IMG_3127.jpg
    20210217144118_IMG_3127.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210217144117_IMG_3126.jpg
    20210217144117_IMG_3126.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20210214133843_IMG_2409.jpg
    20210214133843_IMG_2409.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 20210213155049_IMG_2257.JPG
    20210213155049_IMG_2257.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 128
I like the last one the best but I think I would prefer it black and white, without the toning. Just make sure the horizon is level, especially in a panoramic type crop, it throws off the photo, for me anyway.

I like the last one the best but I think I would prefer it black and white, without the toning. Just make sure the horizon is level, especially in a panoramic type crop, it throws off the photo, for me anyway.

Thank you so much for responding. Definitely going to do more reading amd courses. I do to prefer black and white.

Looks like a very good start.
be aware of the horizon and try to keep it level, perhaps read rule of thirds...
Thanks you for responding. I will check that out, thanks for advice

Hi Dianne. Welcome to the forum :)
Have to agree with the others, I prefer the last one, in black and white. (also check your horizon level);)

Not too keen on the toning, I think the colour is too strong.

Horizons should maybe be straight unless you're deliberately going for a look but the rule of thirds should IMO be widely ignored if again you're going for a look.

Other than that remember not to fall in. Be safe :D

Ive spent a bit of time reading the rule of thirds today and get it for some images, but agree with you, not for all captures.
Today was a very wild and windy day, I was on a pier facing a seal colony.. very tricky to get good focus. But I loved the shots I got. Need some touch up I think, but understand why wildlife lovers love a 400+ lens.... havent checked my euromillions ticket yet mind you.... maybe one day haha.

Horizons should maybe be straight unless you're deliberately going for a look but the rule of thirds should IMO be widely ignored if again you're going for a look.

Other than that remember not to fall in. Be safe :D
Ive spent a bit of time reading the rule of thirds today and get it for some images, but agree with you, not for all captures.
Today was a very wild and windy day, I was on a pier facing a seal colony.. very tricky to get good focus. But I loved the shots I got. Need some touch up I think, but understand why wildlife lovers love a 400+ lens.... havent checked my euromillions ticket yet mind you.... maybe one day haha.

400 mm is ok I use a 600mm :) for wildlife- works very well too :)
Early morning on the River by Les Moxon, on Flickr

welcome to our happy band

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HI, simple suggestion Re the Horizon, turn on the Grid in your View Finder and use the Grid to line up any Horizontal or Vertical.

I like the third one best but not sure where you were focusing. What f stop did you use. I think it should be a lot sharper.

Back