Any astma sufferers suffering?

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
My hubby has Asthma, and recently he has had real trouble with breathing and a tight chest despite using his Ventolin heaps. So I sent him up to the quacks this morning and it turns out it's a big problem for asthma suffers right now. Apparently, because of all the flooding the farmers are putting extra chemicals on the fields to try and save their crops. As a result the air is very polluted right now, and spore counts are quite dangerous too :shrug: At least that's what the Quack told him right before prescribing him steroid tablets to be taken twice daily for the next week at least :(

So if you are Asthmatic and are suffering get yourself to the docs, as you will probably need a little boost of something. Either that or head for Norfolk like everyone else to get away from it :LOL:

Well Im 'oop norf' so probably not the worst hit place floodwise.

However, the past few weeks, I've been getting a bit heavy breathing just walking up the stairs, so have been using my inhaler more.

I just thought it was because I was fat :D

I only suffer through the winter months..damp, fog etc.

The blue & brown inhalers dont help and I end up on steroid tablets too.

We live in open countryside with fields just over the fence... being sprayed all the time. For some reason... no asthma effects for me in summer (unless i get a cold when it then takes 8 weeks for the cough to subside)

I guess we all have different triggers, and effects too, as i dont wheeze, i just cough and cough and cough and cough!!!

Yep, I am joining this club I've had my steroid inhaler increased and they've added atrovent inhaler as well (not that I can find it this morning) my poor little nebuliser has had some hammer as well!

Wanda

I was a few months ago, after a good thunderstorm. My ventolin wouldn't shift it so ended up with the doc putting me on a becotide inhaler as well.

Hmmmm don't want to step on the mines worse than yours bandwagon but I wish that all I took or had was two inhalers!!

Two is bad enough, (though it's back down to the occasional one at the moment) i can't imagine what you are going through.

I'm suffering with my breathing at the moment. Wouldn't have put it down to the recent floods we've had though. But if that's what the quack says then it must be right.

Thanks for the info
OdBall-thatworks2.gif

Hmmmm don't want to step on the mines worse than yours bandwagon but I wish that all I took or had was two inhalers!!

When I first met my hubby he was using 5 different inhalers + steroid tablets and antihistamines twice daily. But he seemed to grow out of them in our first two years together. He went almost 4 years without needing even a ventolin at one point. but he has recently put on a bit of podge and with all this crappy air ... it's taken it's tole on him. So I can empathise (((hugs))).

Mine has been slightly worse over the last few days but I put it down to being out in windy wales. I am only one of the two inhaler gang though :( really do feel for people who suffer from it badly :(

I am preparing to get shot down for this remark :LOL:
Personaly I think the doctor is talking tosh, I would say its more likely to be down to it being harvest time and the combines create huge ammounts of dust which doesn't help asthma.
On the other side my eldest son had asthma but we discovered it was caused by a milk and dairy products.

I would say its more likely to be down to it being harvest time and the combines create huge ammounts of dust which doesn't help asthma.

My hayfever is what kicks mine off, but I have had very little hayfever so far this year thanks to the rain :D and I think this week of decent weather is starting both off for me :( Bring back the rain!

I would agree scraggs, but they have only started harvesting the last couple of days here, and besides it doesn't usually effect him... the field next to our house is full of corn. It's not been harvested yet, and in previous years when has been harvested he has comfortably stood and watched them outside with no ill effects at all.

Back