any elinchrom users

Name
Paul Bennett
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanting to find out...as im thinking of getting one of their kits.
would hook them up to my pocket wizards...

thinking of the RX600 kits.

any suggestions

Okay, Yes I have Elinchroms (you asked who used them, I do) I have three BX400s.

You said that you have pocket wizards, I do not have or have ever used them so can offer no comment on them, you asked for suggestions as to the RX600 kits, again having never owned or used them I cannot give you any suggestions.

If you are interested in what I think of my BX400s? I like them a lot, would I buy them again, maybe not now I am not involved in photography professionally on a daily basis. I would probably opt for a set of Lencarta lights which would give more than acceptable results and have a lot cheaper accessories.

If you are going the RX route, I would also go for the Skyports rather than pocket wizards, although reading again, I see you already have a set of PW's.

Skyports are half the price (and half the size) and you will have control over flash output and modeling lights.
I don't think (could be wrong) pocket wizards integrate at all with Elinchrom gear other than fire them off.

I doubt you would be disappointed with the RX range.

Despite their plastic construction, the RX range is a well designed, good quality product that should last a long time and it can be relied upon to produce consistent colour temperature and consistent output. It's basically a re-branding of their Style series, the Elinchrom (Monoblock) 'Pro' range, and well above their cheaper consumer range.

But it's expensive for what it is and the modifiers that fit it are expensive too, and you may want to consider whether you need to spend that much.

If you do go for it you should consider getting much better lighting stands than the ones supplied in the kit.

This guide on how to choose which studio lights to buy may help

If you want pro gear, you can't go wrong with Elinchrom. The modifiers are expensive as previously mentioned, but there is a massive range to choose from, and due to the quality, buying second hand is no problem.

I have an RX600 as part of my setup and have found it to be faultless.

the reason im going for PWs over skyports, even though i like the feature of controlling the light with them

is my light meter, its the Sekonic one which has the PW terminal inside so i can fire my lights wirelessly.

Back