Any experience of the tamron 24-70 f2.8?

BMG

Edit My Images
No
Afternoon all, I'm looking to purchase the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 vc, to use on my canon 70d. Read lots of reviews & watched lots of YouTube videos and it seems to be a good one. Can't justify canon price as much as I would like to (brand snob). Has anyone had any experience of this lens? Using it almost solely for portraits. Seems quality issues is the only let down, therefore will probably get from somewhere like Jessops just in case I need to take it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have this lens (Nikon mount) - and very happy with the results, paired with a D750. So happy, I also picked up the 70-200 2.8 too.

I purchased mine from Amazon, for trouble free returns if it was needed, price and convenience factor.

Go for it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed, especially at the price point.

Hi thanks for replying. I'm 90% sure this is the one. Can't imagine there's much between the Nikon & canon versions.

Hi, that's good to know. I'm aware of the crop factor, I'm currently using an 18-135 & never use the 18mm end. Whenever I go into a store I keep getting people telling not to bother with this type of zoom. & that I should get a 17-55. Thanks for replying.

Had the nikon version when I had my d7100.
When it worked it was a cracking lens.
Fell apart thou after 3 years and tamron didn't want to know. Ended up a very expensive paperweight

That's the bit that makes me a bit nervous. It does come with a 5 year warranty though.

It does but they squirmed out of it.
For over 2 months I was discussing with various different people in various countries.
They claimed it had impact damage. From a heavy impact, I asked them to show me where the damage was on the lens. They wouldn't. Even several sarcastic emails about definitions of impact damage didn't work. Don't think the German customer service operative saw the humour.
I'm sure plenty of people have good experiences tamron. But the amount of money I paid for the lens made me dislike them. So I've gone sigma and nikon route now.

Had two faulty copies when it first came out. Gave up and got the Canon. Each worked fine for a couple of weeks but then I noticed VC wasn't working, even though it' was turned on. The second also caused my camera to lock up a few times.
My mate who swears by his has just broken it for the second time. Each time the zoom lock and got engaged accidentally and it appears it's very easy to snap the zoom mechanism by accident. It cost him £300 to fix the first time, and now he is just go neons up on it and will probably get the Canon as well.

When mine worked (on a Canon 5Dmkiii) it was good. AF was slow, and hit or miss in low light, but when it got it the images were nice and sharp.

All things considered I wouldn't buy another, the Canon does spoil you, but if you do make sure you get it from someone with a good warrenty. My first was Panamoz, and they gave em a full refund, and the second was Amazon, and again I got a full refund.

Back