Any golfers on here ?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just getting back into it after about a 6 year lay off. Playing off 20 at the moment but looking to get it down, although I haven't played for a month since my main golfing buddy has stopped playing :(

I play, chucked the fishing in a few year ago and took up golf.

Pretty keen when the weather is good and get out 4-5 times a week during the summer. Current gear is Mizzie irons and wedges, Cobra woods and a 10 year old Scotty Cameron putter that is my pride and joy (hence my forum name). Don't intend to change anything this year, I'm quite happy with the way things are at the moment :)

I know 23rd man is also into golf, I actually know him from the golfmagic Forum.

I play, chucked the fishing in a few year ago and took up golf.

Pretty keen when the weather is good and get out 4-5 times a week during the summer. Current gear is Mizzie irons and wedges, Cobra woods and a 10 year old Scotty Cameron putter that is my pride and joy (hence my forum name). Don't intend to change anything this year, I'm quite happy with the way things are at the moment :)

I know 23rd man is also into golf, I actually know him from the golfmagic Forum.

I'm also on Golf Magic ! Just before Christmas I bought some Taylor Made irons and a TM Tour Burner driver and that monster is sweeeeeeeet !!

For Christmas I got a golf net for the back garden and some new golf shoes.....and now my mate has blown me out :( I might have to join the local club to see if I can get a game - I have some mates who play but they're not particularly local to me. I envy you playing 4-5 times a week in summer.

I used to play but haven't picked up a club in a couple of years. Like you two I was also on GolfMagic, I was a mod on there (same username and avatar :D) and remember when we had our first 'International'. I played quite a few games with members on there - Simon Day, LGL (Lady Golf Lover?), Dave Moffat, Chris Curry, Gil Harding, Lynton (TP member) and a few others whose names escape me at the moment.

**Edit** Just checked and I'm still a mod!

yes...........

hellooooooooo........

I admit I am 100% responsible for introducing Dean (23rd Man) to here, but he's a nice guy, and also Colin (Hacker) is 100% responsible for intoducing me to here, via golfmagic!

Have not hit a golf ball since about 1.30pm on 31/7/2010.

7 hours later, Slimbert broke both my legs!!!!:razz:

Chris Curry, .

**Edit** Just checked and I'm still a mod!

hmm the curry monster :LOL:
wonder if he is up here or down MK ?

I used to be half decent, but not played this millenium :/

used to play loads in my teens got to around 11 and not really played much since :( keep threatening to take it up again but the memberships have always been too expensive. Maybe one day! have mizuno mp32 irons, cobra woods and a good old ping putter that took me about 6 months to save up for when I was 16 but still love it!

Used to play two or three times a month got down to 11 and used to love going away with mates to play some links golf a coupel of times a year. Played most of The Open rosta and quite a few others besides and been lucky enough to play some of the world's great courses. Unfortunately now have two children aged two years and two months respectively so my Golf is taking a back seat...I can only play to my handicap if I play regularly and practice a bit which I just don't have time for til the kids are older. Last year was the first year I didn't play in over twenty years....

similar to me beardy.... play off 10 now, but it's only society golf once a month - starts in April thru to October.. with a few others sprinkled in between during the summer months if i'm lucky. i'm a left hander, so it makes it easier for me not to impulse buy any clubs! i use titleist irons, TM Burner driver and 3 wood, Ping 1 iron, ping putter, and a few different wedges.

got down to 7 about 10 years ago, then the kids came along! should have been playing tomorrow but i've knocked it on the head - too cold!

I sold all my golf gear when i took up photography. I actually just went for a laugh with my mates but enjoyed it. Now i have been known to follow them about with my camera instead of clubs. Just as much fun.

Big golfer here. Currently playing off 12, hoping to get down to single figures this year.

I play at Malton & Norton, very nice course and plenty of others nearby such as Ganton previously used for 'The Walker Cup' a few years ago.

Got a couple of trips planned this year. One back to the Belfry hopefully and then a long weekend in September to play the Dundonald Links along with another couple of courses near Ayr.

Think I have two of the most expensive hobbies going.....

I play as well.. I notice you are in Wokingham.. have you played at Sand Martin's? Lovely course!

I play as much as possible, play off 10 just now, use titleist gear apart from wedges, yorkshire dan you can look forward to dundonald I was there today, it's a great layout and in fantastic condition after the weather so far this winter.

Last edited:
Back