any good sites for backdrops?

I just got a bessel grey vinyl backdrop. I had to cut my expanding wall mounts so it fit as the tube is only 43mm side.

Quality looks good though although I think its wound onto the roll backwards.

Paper is easiest :) forget where's cheapest, but many places sell white paper rolls for about 30 each

Thanks Michael...

I saw that....Looks like a good deal...But only good if you want/need more than one...

I'd maybe get white, grey and black.....then i'd struggle with the choice of the 4th one!! :D

Thanks Michael...

I saw that....Looks like a good deal...But only good if you want/need more than one...

I'd maybe get white, grey and black.....then i'd struggle with the choice of the 4th one!! :D

Just pick a colour for creativity, such as the buttercup or rose pink. It's basically free after all :rules:

However, less than three rolls, I think you're right to go with Castlehill

Last edited:
Vishal, I would definitely, and quite strongly suggest you purchase vinyl for the white backdrop, purely for longevity reasons. I'm unaware as to your budget, and vinyl could possibly be outside it.

Creative backgrounds so a 2.7m wide vinyl, which means if you are wall mounting, it'll fit in with everything else that's in use too. There are very few suppliers who seem to cater for what has become the "standard" width for most backdrops. I purchased a 3m wide vinyl first, as an interim, before setting up the wall mounted permanent system. Not a biggie really, as the 3m vinyl will be kept as a "mobile" backdrop should it be required, or can be put to use in one of the other studios.

Unfortunately, i don't have the luxury of a studio so that i can wall mount :(

All options would need to be transportable....

I've just measured up, and i'm not sure i'd be able to get a roll of paper in the car :(

Usually the 2.7m rolls manage to fit in a saloon. From front passenger footwell, through to rear corner on the driver's side.

Really? I measured the same as what you're saying, but it looked like 2.5m would be a stretch..!

I suppose the only way to try it would be to buy one! :crying:

im looking for something that can be portable... but get a high key white from... if you know what i mean :)

Lastolite. Really well made, has black/white front/back and comes with the supporting pole, all fits in a bag that comes with it too. Well made, great value, guarantee for (from memory) 3 years. Very easy to set up on location.

(The bag is awesome, I can get my two fold up softboxes into it as well as the backdrop.)

Back