Any help gratefully received

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I have just got a secondhand Nikon D1h. Although only 2.7 megapixels it gives great results with the memory card supplied ( CF card Sandisk ultra 11, 1Gb)
I have tried two brand new Sandisk ultra 11, 2Gb CF cards formatted in camera but when I try to download to elements 6 the files are either not recognised or damaged. Photos can be viewed on the camera`s lcd screen with no problem though. This happens whether I shot in Raw or jpeg.
Any thoughts?????????

I seen a similar problem on a Canon 400D recently, apparently the card needed to be formatted on the PC before using in the camera. But I don't know if solution worked, just some advise the guy was given, but maybe worth a try.

I have just got a secondhand Nikon D1h. Although only 2.7 megapixels it gives great results with the memory card supplied ( CF card Sandisk ultra 11, 1Gb)
I have tried two brand new Sandisk ultra 11, 2Gb CF cards formatted in camera but when I try to download to elements 6 the files are either not recognised or damaged. Photos can be viewed on the camera`s lcd screen with no problem though. This happens whether I shot in Raw or jpeg.
Any thoughts?????????

Have you tried using File recovery software. This usually gets them back. Just do a search in google. There are lots of freeware programs about.

I would then try doing a 2 button reset on your camera. On my Nikon you just hold down the 2 buttons with green dots on them for 2 secs. I don't know if its the same on your camera, but if you don't have the manual it's on the net at http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com then just do a search for D1H - its a downloadable pdf file.

Does the camera have a max card size that it can handle e.g. 1gb

Is the file system FAT 16 ?

Back