Any 'Nest' users? (or Hive)

Had an offer from BGas of half price Hive, quite tempted. The question I have (and I have emailed them, just waiting to hear back) is what happens if I get a new boiler? If wife finds a job soon after being made redundant then it will give us the opportunity to replace. Would the person putting the boiler in do it or would BGas need to come out and charge us?

Also, what happens to the old thermostat - can we leave it in the wall, or would that be removed (in which case I would need to then fill in and repaint?

Had an offer from BGas of half price Hive, quite tempted. The question I have (and I have emailed them, just waiting to hear back) is what happens if I get a new boiler? If wife finds a job soon after being made redundant then it will give us the opportunity to replace. Would the person putting the boiler in do it or would BGas need to come out and charge us?

Also, what happens to the old thermostat - can we leave it in the wall, or would that be removed (in which case I would need to then fill in and repaint?
Hi
I have hive and work for Scottish Gas.
It's a great piece of kit. I have light bulbs as well.
There's 2 types of hive, one for a conventional boiler and one for a combi boiler.
If you get a new boiler the same then the hive will work ok.
The boiler installer will be able to wire it in to the new boiler.
The hive usually goes on the wall in place of your existing thermostat.

Back