Any of you use your lens pouches?

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Just as the title really? Does anyone use the nice padded cases they get their lenses in.... or do you just put them away and put the lens in your camera bag?
Do some of you attach these cases to the straps etc on the outside of your bags?

nope- never used one - never seen the point of them. just another thing to get in the way and delay changing a lens when there's a tiger walking across the road

Do you GET many tigers in Liverpool?? :D :LOL:

The only time I use my pouches is if the lenses arent going in the bag when Im taking the camera out.

And why wouldnt they be??

And Im sure that's Charlie Dimmock in your avatar.................. looking for a water feature..........or a bra!! :D:D

I used to carry my 300mm f2.8 in its lens pouch before I got my Lowepro Pro Trekker as my other bag wasn't big enough to fit it in. It was one of the main reasons I got the new bag. Now I can carry everything together with lens hood on etc.

Do you GET many tigers in Liverpool?? :D :LOL:

That's the point. If I saw a tiger walking across the road, the last thing I'd want is to be struggling with is a sodding lens bag / pouch / case.

The lens should be in one of 2 places. On the camera, or in the kit bag ready to go asap.

Yeah I have a couple to go with my lowepro bag - they can attach to the outside of the bag if the bag is full, which gives me a fully flexible gear bag for a day out or a way of leaving some of them behind but still protected.

Last motorsport day out I also took just one of the lens pouches on a strap round my neck for a little while when doing some static shots in the pits/paddock - lighter than the whole bag of gear but gave me a second lens if I needed wider or longer at some point.

I have a drawer full of them - untouched since they arrived!

I'll send you my address, you can post them to me :D

I'll send you my address, you can post them to me :D

... but if I ever sell any of them - people expect to get the pouch - so they can shove it in a drawer till they sell the lens etc etc etc

Actually I do have two TCs, a 50mm and my 10.5 in the pouch most of the time - cos all the compartments in my Peli case are full - so just to save scratching them . . .

However if I pack my Billingham bag for a job - taking what I think I'll need - then nothing is in a pouch - too slow to take out and put on the cam.

Not sure if we are talking cross purposes here... I am on about the Lowepro "Street and Field" lens cases, not those nasty old school leatherette zippy pouch things things like TC's come in...

no never use them :D

Not sure if we are talking cross purposes here... I am on about the Lowepro "Street and Field" lens cases, not those nasty old school leatherette zippy pouch things things like TC's come in...

Well I meant the nice padded canvas type ones the canons and sigmas come in.. . just couldnt see any room in my bag for one... and didnt fancy them on the outsides... so they are all in the cupboard but they are so well-made it seems a bit of a waste! :shrug:

Nope, they go straight up into the loft with the box and the lens goes into my Tamrac bag - They're well enough protected in there (y)

I've not even taken any of my pouches from the boxes let alone used them. I do wonder if it's just another way of Canon making a few bob 'cos it ain't being included for free that for sure. I'd rather have the option of buying one if I wanted one and get the lens for less.

I would like to use the one my sb600 came in, but it doesn't fit in my bag! Its getting a bit scratched taking it/the camera in and out.

sold all mine on ebay - together with the boxes made about £40 if i remember correctly

I use the one for my 80-400 if if dont fancy taking my big bag out with me.

I use them all the time. I don't have a camera-specific backpack, so if I want to take a spare lens, I put it inside the pouch first. Also, that's how they keep dust-free at home. Thing is, I rarely ever use all but one of my lenses, so they seem to spend most of their time on the shelf.

I use Lowepro Street and Field for all my lenses. All the inserts have been removed from my bags....Stealth Reporter and Commercial AW and the lenses for the day just get bundled in.
If I'm heading overseas then they offer reasonable protection in my checked luggage.

Bob

I have one for my nikon 1.8 50mm,which i bought a few weeks ago, i use it the only reason being is it go,s in the top bit of my tamrac 7 bag as i can,t fit it in the bottom bit with the camera, as i have the nikon 70-300mm and the sigma 24-70mm in the bottom, both quite chunky, i,ve never used the bag i got with the sigma as it,s much to bulky.

I used to use one for my 50-200 but having recently bought a Tamrac 7 adventure backpack don't think I'll be needing it again, although might keep my 50mm 1.7 prime in it as I don't take it with me often

simon

Never used one yet! If im not going to use a lens its in the peli case and if I am it then goes to the camera bag.;)

If I take the gear out in my Orion Trekker then I use the canon one for the 70-200 f2.8. There's a couple of the sigma pouches in use for storage too - in fact I think the 100mm macros is in one at the moment!

Back