Any Olympus owners hiding here?

Now the proud owner of 2x OM1n, 2x OM2n, OM2sp, 2x OM10, OM20,OM30 and OM40 plus loads of Olympus lenses and accessories.

Pete

I have an XA and an XA2 if they count :)

I am eyeing the OM-D with much interest at the moment.

Proud owner of an E3 an E500 an epl1 and an om-10 (green with envy of the lucky few pre ordering their om-D's) got the basic kit lenses for the e3 but some converters to run my om lenses on the digitals.
Oh, and an om-10 stripped down to its individual parts lol
gonetopiecesresize.jpg

Last edited:
7D's going... OM-D's coming...

I am having second thoughts over getting a black one. Thinking silver might be better given that some of the lenses I want are silver and some black.

Either way, if I like the OMD, my Nikon D7000 is out of the door.

I'm going to get an OM-D body, think it's the black one for me, will look good with black grip.

I have Olympus OM10 and Trip.

Sure there will be a resurgence in Olympus with the OM-D. Wonder if they will also make a modern interpretation of the Trip. Could keep it just as simple with but squeeze in a large sensor and full width screen across the back as no need for any buttons. Would then get high IQ and large screen for review.

Anyone had any trouble with the auto winder for the om-10
I used to run one on my last 10 but that camera died and i hadn't used the winder since.
Now I've got a shoot comin up and i thought, Ahhh! Auto winder, will come in really handy, dug it out, popped some fresh batteries in and hooked it up.
Three test shots later the mirror locks up at half cock.... Exactly like my last om-10! But with this camera i have removed the grip and put fresh batteries in the camera and it seems fine. Now am i missing something with the grip or is it a known fault? In worried about using it in case its inadvertently frying the circuits in the camera

Started with E410, moved to E510, changed for E30 and finally traded in for E5.
Now hoping for Oly to stand by their loyal customers and release an E7! :cautious:

Hi folks, recent m43 addict and new joiner here, bought an e-pm1 in Jan, now have and e-pl3 and 45mm on the great cashback offer (y)

Love the size of the lenses, I take the camera out so much more than my K-x!

Can't see a lot of talk about Olympus/mu43 here - any other good threads I should take a look at...searching my way thru now.

George Dorn said:
That is one monster thread, but a good read.

I'm a little bit of a fan of Damian McGillicuddy after looking at his site.

I really like to think of him getting prototypes to play with courtesy of olympus but half of me says its just bull. I mean what an honour to behold... A box marked "E xxxx"

Another Oly user here :) I have an E-410, and i love it! Although i'm hoping to upgrade to an E-600 or 620 if i can find one for the right price. I think because i have small hands they are perfect for me, when i've test driven Canons they have always seemed so big and heavy ;)

Hi, I still have a C-730, cracking little Camera, I took it out for a spin only this Summer. Was very surprised at the quality of the Photo`s taken, who needs Mega MegaPixels !!.

Also was given a SZ-14 for my Birthday, rather slated on Reviews, but I like it. It tends to over-expose in bright Sun Light and need Stopping down 1.7 or even 2.0 Stops to get a good exposure, it also has a super Panorama Mode that Stitches it all together in Camera

New Olympus user this year...Olympus PEN E-P5, loving it, small, great ergonomics...

Another fan here. Have an OM1 and a few lovely primes for it. Have had OM2's, OM10's and OM4's in the past. Would love an OM3 santa....

Also have an OMD which I like very much but I think I'm going to sell it on shortly as a DSLR just seems to suit me better.

I have an OM-1 with 50mm and 35mm prime lenses, and very happy with them. (y)

Olympus Pen E-P5 with various primes and zooms all 4/3. Brilliantly compact and portable compared with my Canon 5D MkII. Results at comparable field of view are generally similar, though with reservations. Surprisingly I can get better results with the E-P5, and more consistently. I attribute this advantage to my ability to get the camera out and focused quickly. With the E-P5 the time to get the camera out, raise it to the eye, compose and shoot is much faster for me than when I use my 5D. Yet I am more practiced with the 5D, so should be quicker.

I love my zx-1 and it seems to do most things my E30 does so I always have it with me. The e30 being used with the longer and wider lenses. I also love how the cable remote and flashes I have can be used with both, and wirelessly if I want.

I love the XZ-1 its a great little camera capable of all sorts.

Hi I have just joined talkphotography, yes I now own the Olympus Pen E-P5 and sold my Nikon D800 late last year. I started a blog and it will be dedicated to photos taken with the Pen. If you want to know why I switched here is a link. http://biSPAM/17ohJVU

Last edited:
I have a new E-M1, an E-PL5 and lots of OM, 4/3 rds and micro 4/3rds glass. I am happy with my lot.

Well I've decided to go back to M4/3. Really missed the OMD I sold a little over a year ago. This time I've gone for the a E-P5, with a free VF-4.

Recently jumped ship to Olympus and bought an E-P5 having happily used both the Panasonic GF1 and GX1. The E-P5 is in a different league.

Well I might be sending the E-P5 back, as I've just seen a better deal for the E-M5, for £899, you can get the kit lens 12-50mm, plus a free HLD-6 grip and a 45mm 1.8. Also anyone around the Watford area, SRS are having a open day with the Olympus on Saturday.

Now own an OM2 also

Got an OM-1n silver with a 55mm 1.2 lens from my father back in early 90s, which was originally purchased by him in 1980. Add a black OM-2n to my bag, 24mm, 28mm, 50 1.4, 135 2.8, 200, 300, 75-150, 35-105, 100-200. t-20, t-32, cables, winder2 and bounce grip BG-2. All othe items still held and shining. Once snapped my t-32 shoes but it was fixed. Entered the digital with a, E-620 but felt all my legacy investment going waste. Bought a MF-2 OM lens adopter but the quality of the old zuiko lenses didnt impresss me. Switched to Canon but still keep the OM gear precious.
set-72157623327150357

Couple of OM1's in regular use. Also OM2sp and OM10

Back in September I bought an E-PM1 which was quickly joined by an E-PL2. Didn't like the AF of the E-PL2 so sold it on and recently picked up an E-PL5 with kit lens and free 17/2.8 to replace it. Both lenses will be gone soon to be replaced by my my new Panasonic 20/1.7 and Siggie 30/2.8.

I really enjoy m43 for baby snap shots etc. :)

Back