Any on location tips?

Name
Gemma
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm soon going to be taking some photos of a friend, she's a singer and wants some photos, which I'll be doing as a favour and practise!

I'm not exactly sure where yet, but the photos will be taken on location, outdoors.

I have an SB800, SB600 and tripods I can mount them off camera with if I need them (though would likely be for fill flash only, I do like natural light)

I know all the technical side of using my camera and flash, but I'm pretty inexperienced with people shots in general.

Uh so, she's on the larger side - not enormous, but not skinny, so I think trying to shoot from slightly above and a bit further away is best if possible, but any help on posing?

Also will a diffuser on flash used to fill be enough, or is there something else I'm likely to need? I can order bits as I'll be trying to get more people practise anyway.

And any other thoughts?

(I will add, she'd not be paying for a pro session and she's seen my photography and knows I'm more experienced with dogs so it's more for photos better than taken with a friends mobile or compact! But the better they are, the better.)

Back