Any organised photowalks around London?

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone know of, or recommend an organised day photo walk around London that would be suitable for a retired enthusiast. I did a Wex walk around the Shoreditch and Brick Lane area some years ago and enjoyed it.
Thanks.

I recommend googling.. there's a few folks that run organised street photography workshops so just depends what you're into

workshops cost quite a bit more

a photowalk - if there is a charge it doesn't tend to be much, but I'd begrudge paying for a photowalk - meetup could be a good place to search or perhaps organise one on here

Darrell Godliman organises occasional photo walks on the London Group on Flickr

You just missed one on May 8th, but keep your eyes peeled as I suspect there will be more.

I know some have stopped doing them due to the legal aspects, a friend of mine who used to run them had the council around and informed he needed insurance, a permit from the council 2 first aiders and a leadership qualification, all for a FREE photowalk.

Meetup used to have lots 3 years ago, Most were run as a business and charged £5 per person. I havent looked for a while and betting Covid put pay to alot of them.

Mark Fearnly for the workshops is excellent.

Darrell Godliman organises occasional photo walks on the London Group on Flickr

You just missed one on May 8th, but keep your eyes peeled as I suspect there will be more.

Darrell just announced one for July 10th

Hope to start the London Wanders again next year.
First one will hopefully be Kings Cross to Regents Park along the canal with stop offs along the way.
Last one started at Holborn and took in some lesser known places along the way ending at the Tate Modern. Very pleasant lunch stop at a historic pub The Mitre just off Hatton Garden.
Covid and family health issues prevented any activity the last couple of years.

I know it's more fun in a group, But I've done a few solo (or with a mate) wanders around lomdon, never had a problem in the day time, just walk up whitehall and you'll see more cameras than you can shake a stick at. (and more police than your city has!)

Back