Any other Zeiss Collectors/Users on here

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a collection od old Ziess Contaflex camera's which I very occasionally get out and use. Must admit though its been some time since I last did!!

The pride of my collection is a last of the line black Contaflex S but I also have a Super and a Super BC, all in mint condition. I haave the full complement of lenses to go with them as well as a couple of the interchangeable backs.

I dont have any Contarex's as yet but maybe one day!

Anyways ignoring the Canon lump to the left here is a quick photo of my black S. I'll sort a pic out at some point of my other bodies etc...! For now this is the only photo I have!

P1000173.jpg

Ha ha....I love the expression ' canon lump' . Lump indeed...

i do have some zeiss as well

Got a contaflex Super; great camera.

Contax IIa + 50/1.5 sonnar + 135/f4 sonnar. Absolutely my favourite 50 mm lens.

Zeiss Nettar folder - long gone

Voigtlander VF 101 : the only camera developed by 3 of the greatest makers : Voigtlander, Zeiss and Rollei. The lens is really a rebadged Tessar

Rollei 35 - the lens is a wonderful tessar

Had a rolleiflex with Tessar lens, long gone again

And then there are the modern contax - RF and SLR. But they dont count as true Zeiss, do they?

I used to have a Contax IIa as well a number of years ago, and more recently a Contax G1. I did try one of the more modern Contax SLR's but didnt like it at all. Give me an all mechanical Contaflex anyday!! Built like the proverbial!!

HMM!! I do like that Contraflex been thinking about getting one of them.

I also have a Nettar but I need to strip it agin and see if I can get the shutter firing correctly.

Also just got a Contax IIIa with a 50mm and a 21mm lens, have a film in it so hopefully dev it over the weekend.

Back