Any pitfalls to using a Leica Screw to M Bayonet Adaptor?

Name
Wilson
Edit My Images
Yes
If I have a Bessa R2a M mount body and a screw mount lens that is rangefinder coupled, and I use a screw mount to m adapter to attach it to the body will it still be rangefinder coupled? Are there any side effects to using an adapter, do I lose some functionality for instance?

No problem at all - this is exactly what they were designed for
I've got the R3a and R4a and most of my lenses are screw mount with adaptors on, and they work just fine. The rangefinder coupling isn't affected

I prefer to have an adaptor on each of my lenses as it means I can change them quickly

I have heard bad things about the cheap ones you can get off ebay - so get an official one. Robert White stocks them, or you can sometimes get them secondhand from ffordes

Cheers, I already gathered that from reading the cameraquest website but thanks for the extra info.

As said, they work absolutely fine. The only lenses they won't work with are the 15mm Heliars. They mount correctly, but you can't use the rangefinder.

Cheers, some of the lens are not rangefinder coupled regardless of whether an adapter is used. The DOF is really big on the 15mm heliar that guesstimating the focus is not too much of a issue.

As stated - the 15mm isn't designed to be coupled to the rangefinder

Back