Any recommendations of Wedding photographers to aspire to?

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
So I am venturing into different genres of photography and at the end of the month have the chance to photograph some models in wedding dresses for a friend's dress making company.

This will be the first time I have worked with models (and wedding dresses) and am doing research on poses and shots that work.

Does anyone have any links to wedding photographers at the top of their game?

Just to give me some inspiration.

Would love to see some excellent shots of brides in their wedding dresses in posed situations (not down the aisle etc).

The shoot will be in a castle lounge and bedroom and I will be using my elinchrom studio lights and softboxes.

thanks

Sammy

I don't think you necessarily need to narrow your search for inspiration to wedding photography.
This sounds like a fashion shoot more than wedding, portraiture too. There are many avenues of inspiration, it's pretty much all around.

I don't think you necessarily need to narrow your search for inspiration to wedding photography.
This sounds like a fashion shoot more than wedding, portraiture too. There are many avenues of inspiration, it's pretty much all around.

yes true, fashion shots would be helpful too I guess. Just was keen to see some examples of wedding dress photos done property :)

I did a search on the forum but the majority of the results are of people's first attempts at this type of photography.

... The shoot will be in a castle lounge and bedroom and I will be using my elinchrom studio lights and softboxes.

Very few wedding snappers go about with studio flash and boxes, and them as do tend not to be shooting to make the very best of the frock. The inspiration you want will be on bridalwear websites and in the adverts in the bridal comics.

Very few wedding snappers go about with studio flash and boxes, and them as do tend not to be shooting to make the very best of the frock. The inspiration you want will be on bridalwear websites and in the adverts in the bridal comics.

ah yes, didn't even think of googling wedding dress makers websites, so obvious now lol.

I will do that :)

If anyone reading this has any tips on shooting/posing with wedding dresses then feel free to share :)

thanks for the help.

If anyone reading this has any tips on shooting/posing with wedding dresses then feel free to share :)

I have just one tip. Do not get involved with handling the frocks under any circumstances. Leave that to the model and/or the stylist or whoever. You would not believe how easy it is to have an expensive accident with a wedding dress when on location.

I have just one tip. Do not get involved with handling the frocks under any circumstances. Leave that to the model and/or the stylist or whoever. You would not believe how easy it is to have an expensive accident with a wedding dress when on location.

haha yeah, I've read that in quite a few articles online. Won't be doing that. I'm not sure if the models will be experienced or just friends of the dress maker but she will be there to sort the dresses at least.

if your into posed stuff, or posed but making an image look candid, Jerry Ghionis is the man imo. Obviously each to their own.

IMHO,
One of the most difficult thing to get right with wedding dresses (especially white ones) is the exposure on the dress.
Don't blow the highlights, or you will lose the detail, which is the thing that sells the dress.
Don't underexpose, or you'll get grey dresses instead.
So, good light and watch your exposures !
Enjoy it.

YouTube has many fine tutorials - worth a google

Les

Jerry ghionis seems to be the goto guy for this kind of thing, plenty of posey shots if you have a gander through fearless photographers :)

Back