ANY RUGBY PHOTOGRAPERS OUT THERE

Edit My Images
No
Any Rugby photographers out there as the new season is almost here. I cover Doncaster Knights in the new British Championship (was National 1) also Doncaster Phoenix in Yorkshire League 2.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Any Rugby photographers out there as the new season is almost here. I cover Doncaster Knights in the new British Championship (was National 1) also Doncaster Phoenix in Yorkshire League 3.

I do the odd game or two, but nothing of a professional standard.

I shoot up to under 18s in the Manchester/Warrington area at the moment... am researching into shooting some higher stuff though :)

Any Rugby photographers out there as the new season is almost here. I cover Doncaster Knights in the new British Championship (was National 1) also Doncaster Phoenix in Yorkshire League 3.

I shoot semi professionally for all the trade papers, local, regional and national papers and am covering this years Challenge Cup Final.

Take a peek at http://www.gcsportsphotos.co.uk and look at the Pro RL Galleries.

I shoot semi professionally for all the trade papers, local, regional and national papers and am covering this years Challenge Cup Final..

where are you friday BTW Gary?

Im too shoot Semi pro, Shooting for Regional, club, trades and have been in National papers, Plenty of work done for governing body too (RFL).

Cover it all from U8s to Pro stuff.

www.kt8photography.co.uk

Rank amateur here :) Only started to try shooting rugby last season at Rossendale RUFC and found out how hard it is, especially with the poor Rossendale weather and slow lens!

Some of my pics on our website www.rossendalerugby.co.uk (Junior pics are restricted to registered parents only, but there are plenty of senior pics too)

Kent League 1 and our A XV in Mid Kent A :D

3 weeks to go :woot::banana::woot:

Forgot to say, League only from me, None of this kick and clap stuff !! <takes cover>

I do my local team - Weymouth RFC. Occasionally I get a shot in the local rag.

Have you tried Manchester R.U.F.C. in National 1 or Sedgley Park R.U.F.C. in the new British Championship.

Not as of yet (football has taken priority), it was in very early research phases but I thank you for the pointer :) I'll certainly check them out!!

Is shooting pro rugby the same as it is with pro football - in terms of accreditation?

Nowhere as of yet, and a brief look at the fixtures suggests that wont change. Batley v Halifax on Thursday and nothing sorted for the weekend yet. (usually find out Thursday)

Presumed you would be batley.. I am salford v hull KR on friday

Under 11's/under 12's for me.

erm - Thanks

Actually Kids rugby is brilliant. My youngest plays and as an ex footballer, it's really interesting to see how they bring them on through the young years, introducing new skills every year.

For photography it's excellent as well. I've never been challenged taking photo's at tournaments/matches etc, but you can't get near a youth football match now without mum's misquoting the law/data protection act.

A few of mine.
110502174.jpg

110502286.jpg

110502287.jpg

109974629.jpg

It took me a while to get used to the game and anticipate what was going to happen, plus get the positioning right.

Magners League, Heineken Cup and International competitions for me :D

Prem rugby (and the round ball game) for me :)

Tearsheet from News of the Screws from last game I covered at the end of the season.... Crappy scan and not the best frame but you can never guess what the pic editors are going to use, never seems to be the ones you think might get used when you wire.

leic1062.jpg

Tries and conversions mate, everytime from my experience. Forget the middle of the park stuff that we love....

Tries and conversions mate, everytime from my experience. Forget the middle of the park stuff that we love....

I have been told not to bother with tries...its just "man holding ball on floor".. middle of the field action is all I am booked for this friday .. not to include "man running with ball" as there no good.. blood and guts salford v hull bottom of super league stuff :)

I have been told not to bother with tries...its just "man holding ball on floor".. middle of the field action is all I am booked for this friday .. not to include "man running with ball" as there no good.. blood and guts salford v hull bottom of super league stuff :)

Well, I was going to say where as paradoxically, league stuff is all blood and guts middle of the deck, arms around necks, killing each other. The north south divide mate, we are a little more refined down sarf and in the West Country. :LOL::LOL::LOL::D

*Drives off in in his tractor*

Season ticket holder at Plymouth Albion.
Get too engrossed in game to think about photos.:beer:

Depends on what shift I'm on that weekend.
And on the weather as it's in January :shrug:

Only shot the one game so far [from the stands, happened to be the same Tigers/Bath semi final]:

3518019816_6070b53010.jpg

3518004066_22b1ec70b2.jpg

3517196311_bbf5f88a30.jpg

Back