Workshop Any studio days/courses in Chesterfield, Sheffield, or surrounding area?

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
My wife's wanting to buy me a photography experience day for my birthday and I really want to do some studio portrait photography but would like to do a day/half day course teaching me how to use the lighting, but also allowing me to come away with some nice shots at the end of the day. I was bought some studio time at Hugger Photography last year but they failed to respond to any emails or phone calls so I will not touch them with a barge pole. I'm proficient with a camera so don't need any tuition on that, but most certainly do with lighting. I have some basic knowledge having been to a couple of freebie Nikon and Olympus classes but that's about it.

Anyway, can anyone recommend anyone in my area (Chesterfield), I'm willing to travel an hour or so.

Natural Light Spaces near Northampton is very popular - and contrary to the name have a full lighting setup too.
I think Damien McGillicuddy is somewhere near you? He's probably quite pricey though.
Andrew Appleton is known for travelling around doing training but again he's very high profile & I imagine he's quite pricey.

Your best bet might be to sign up to PurplePort and find an event or studio near you that way.

I'm not sure where @DG Phototraining teaches or whether he teaches studio stuff but if I tag him I expect he'll drop in ;)

I'm too far for you but I've had people come from further :)

Natural Light Spaces near Northampton is very popular - and contrary to the name have a full lighting setup too.
I think Damien McGillicuddy is somewhere near you? He's probably quite pricey though.
Andrew Appleton is known for travelling around doing training but again he's very high profile & I imagine he's quite pricey.

Your best bet might be to sign up to PurplePort and find an event or studio near you that way.

I'm not sure where @DG Phototraining teaches or whether he teaches studio stuff but if I tag him I expect he'll drop in ;)

Thanks for the info. I'll have another look into that purple port thing, when I looked into it before I could only see about hiring models not doing an experience day kind of thing.

Cheers @juggler for the thought :)

I do teach but not in a studio as

a) I don't have one and

b) I actually find it a bit boring working indoors lol

Dave

Back