any thoughts on these portraits?! :)

• Thread starter englandshottest2
  • Start date
E

englandshottest2

Hi all, just did a quick shoot for a client, a few of the shots are linked below. The first one was kind of an elder teens 'back to school' / autumn theme. C&C's if you pleaz! lol :D CHEERS!

no.1
click here

no.2
click here

no.3
click here

no.4
click here

yup, pictures are very good
any reason why you post links rather than show the pic in the thread?
I'm sure you'd get more response
(and they seem to be < 800 pixels)

#3 would be better if she had feet
imho

I agree. I hardly ever bother to open links. Having said that, I did this time and I think 3 and 4 are very good. In the first two the model looks quite awkward to me.

like the poses in numbers 3&4 but would also like to see more lighting for her eyes they seem very dark and make her eye sockets a bit like black holes.

edit
I have just had another look and think that it maybe that there isn't a catch light in her eyes.

She looks much more relaxed in #4, and as said, the model looks a little awkward in the first 2.

However, probably much better than I could do ! :clap:

This looks like a ppro set up?

But they are all pretty boring and flat I'm afraid.

Some life in the model/creative use of lighting? Maybe?

Sorry, but just not very good.

#1 - The sensor dust and odd shadow over her left shoulder doesn't help. The red background works well with her black top and blue jeans though I would have left more space on the right hand side so she isn't centre frame.

#2 - To me she looks bored. I would have asked her to take that big silver ring off her left hand since it draws the eye away from the eyes. The brown chair and red background work well. Also, I would have cloned out some of the dust on the floor in front of her.

The 1st 2 are my favourites of the 4.

#3 - I don't like this at all. No lighting in her eyes at all, I would have lowered the lights alot to get catchlights and detail. I find the background a bit too busy and I wouldn't have cut her feet off.

#4 - Slightly better than number 3 but still, feet are burnt out, no catchlights, no detail in the hair. If you ask me, that top doesn't do her any favours either.

Sorry, don't mean this to sound harsh. :D

Back