Anybody dealt directly with Western Digital?

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Has anybody had any dealings with Western Digital? And if so do you have any tips for resolving customer service issues?

I bought a recertified drive a couple of weeks ago, paid by paypal.

A few days later I had still not received notice of shipment and by that time I had decided that I would be better with something bigger so I called to ask that the order was cancelled. Lady I spoke to confirmed drive hadn't shipped so refund would be straight forward.

A few hours later I received an email confirming drive had been shipped! An email a minute after that confirming my request to cancel and then shortly after that a return shipping notice for me to return via UPS.

Once the drive arrived a couple of days later, I left it unopened. Covered up the shipping label and stuck my UPS returns label on and shipped it back.

It arrived with WD on friday. Today I have asked when I'm likely to receive a refund and have had some bizarre responses. First was asking for shipping details. They arranged shipping for me, not the other way around.

So I sent a screen grab of the UPS delivery confirmation. They have replied saying that I have sent the original delivery confirmation not the return confirmation. This is simply not true and 10 seconds reading the confirmation would have confirmed that.

Now, it's early days in terms of getting a refund so it may all just work out but I'm a little concerned so I googled them and the reviews do not make for happy reading. I have read a few reviewers saying that they simply gave up on ever getting their money back.

So I'm just after some advice here. Anybody had any experience on best approach? I had wondered about raising a claim on paypal if it does drag on.

I bought a recertified drive a couple of weeks ago, paid by paypal.

That's your trump card, especially as you have documentary evidence of the collection ... if you get nothing positive from them in a couple of days raise a dispute with Paypal.

Thanks @gramps. I suppose it's too early to get overly heavy but the more I read online about their customer service dept, the more concerned I get. I guess I'll leave things until the end of the week and give them a chance to try to get the story straight from their end before raising it with paypal.

Back