Beginner Anybody Know What's Wrong

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I took some photos yesterday and some were "damaged" and some of them were absolutely fine, I've put a link to some of the damaged ones below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ydjd2gqoc79mf7/AAAGUNsGpWgjg3oxbbFFHE6ba?dl=0

I have absolutely no idea what it could be and thought I'd post a few of them and see if anyone else know has come across anything similar and may possibly know what it may be. This has only just started happening and I haven't dropped or knocked the camera and don't have a clue what it may be.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

EDIT:
I've just seen how to upload photos so have added then here as well.

Last edited:
I had a few like this when using a microsd in an adapter, not happened since i stopped using it.

It's a file writing error, either whilst the camera was writing to the card or the files were being copied to the computer. It's definitely not a lens issue (optical problems simply wouldn't look like that) It could be the camera at fault, but it's most likely to be (in order of likelihood
1, computer issue (HDD getting full or severely fragmented creating slow write speeds)
2, Card reader (cheapest tech in the chain, most of us have been through dozens)
3, Memory card, either faulty or seriously fragmented, try a full format in the camera and re-test)
3, the camera failing to write the files properly (it happens, but it's rare)

Try viewing the files on the camera, if they're OK, try downloading to a different computer via a different device. If they're not OK, try the card as above, then test the camera with a different card.

Completely agree with Phil. My money is on a failing memory card, but his suggested checks are the right approach.

I actually feel a little stupid for asking now .... having said that everyone's advice is probably what led me to diagnose what it was!!

I didn't give all the detail as I didn't want to bore everyone but one computer (where I'd copied it across) was showing one picture as corrupt and if I went to the original computer where the card was still plugged in it'd be fine and one that was OK on that machine would be corrupt on the other.

I then removed the card from the reader to re-plug it in and copy them across again, I think what I did in the 1st place was push the card 98% into the reader not 100% ... it just came out that bit too easily so it was just missing marginal bits of data, the 2nd lot I copied off were fine on both machines!!!

Thanks for everyone's help though .... always appreciated!!!!!!

Back