Anybody recommend fixed fee solicitors for selling house

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
OK, after just being quoted £900+VAT by solicitors for selling my house, ending in an argument when I was told it cost more to sell an expensive house than a cheap one....but they couldn't justify why...I've had enough :banghead:

Anybody used a fixed fee service they can recommend. I can see lots on the web, but don't want to end up with a cowboy firm :suspect1: I need to save some money for that new glass :whistle2:

Solicitors aren't cheap, as you've found out, but it does pay to shop around. Is that the quote for just a sale or sale and purchase?
Last year I bought and sold, and it cost me about £1,200 in total. It has alot to do with the value of the property you are buying / selling too. I saved about £500 by shopping around.

Just selling....most solicitors seem to have jumped on the bandwagon of % off sell price ....gits !!! I'm on my 7th house, so have seen every man & their dog raise their costs way beyond inflation etc over the years .....don't even get me started on stamp duty.....I reckon I've paid for a house by now to Mr Brown :hissyfit: :doh:

Cheers for reply anyway.....now breath Dave...breath ;) :D

Back