Anybody shooting fusion wedding stuff?

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Something I've planned to try for a while and finally got round to. I did a fusion with stills and video from a second shooter. Client loved it.

Anybody regularly doing this? I have many questions. Not least how do you make money...?

I've done the odd clip here and there but only ever playing with it really when I have been shooting a wedding with a bit of downtime.

I know a photographer up in Glasgow who has done some more seriously and offers fusion and I like the stuff that he has done. Here's one of his below and check out the slideshows section of his blog for further fusion videos. http://www.johnjohnstonphotography.co.uk/blog/glasgow-wedding-photographer-dvd-wedding-slideshow/

[VIMEO]29255346[/VIMEO]

Those videos look amazing. Are you getting alot of demand for the fusion service?

Certainly makes watching wedding photos a more pleasant experience!

Yeah - I know John and I deliberately didn't watch any of his stuff first so I wasn't trying to copy.

Here's what I came up with....

[YOUTUBE]16CelnvKmgM[/YOUTUBE]

The tricky bit seems to be stopping the video clouding the stills. And making money...

JonathanRyan said:
Yeah - I know John and I deliberately didn't watch any of his stuff first so I wasn't trying to copy.

Here's what I came up with....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CelnvKmgM">YouTube Link</a>

The tricky bit seems to be stopping the video clouding the stills. And making money...

Melodies of life eh? ;)

Here is one I did at the start of the summer, it's a bit slow to get going but I think it improves as it goes on!! I was only hired for stills (a selection of stills are here under Viv & Ray) but my partner and I ran the video when we could. It was done really to see what it would look like but also to see if I could put together a little sample to show brides. I also quickly learnt that sound is incredibly important for Fusion :)

I have two bookings for Fusion next year as a result of this but to be honest it's a very difficult sell as it costs a lot more due to having another person with me plus the editing. I've definitely gotten a lot more enquiries due to brides seeing the sample but I'm not sure if it's worth the time and effort involved for the smallish return.

I have spent a lot of time and money investing in video equipment initially for a fusion type of package but I no longer think there is much money in it so I am now in the process of adding a video add on to the wedding packages. I have 90% of the gear already so I hope to offer it in the new year so we'll see how it goes.

[YOUTUBE]qV0qUP25sQc[/YOUTUBE]​

I have two bookings for Fusion next year as a result of this but to be honest it's a very difficult sell as it costs a lot more due to having another person with me plus the editing.

Yeah - that's the think. I reckon I'd have to add a t least £1K onto the package to cover the extra camera person and at least a day's edit.

And for that money I could just sell a nicer album which takes less work :)

Interesting video. Like the movie stuff but IMO all that moving of still images detracts from them. It's hard to see the picture while looking at the effect if you see what I mean.

Interesting video. Like the movie stuff but IMO all that moving of still images detracts from them. It's hard to see the picture while looking at the effect if you see what I mean.

You're right. This was kind of thrown together quickly just to have something to show brides and it really needs a re-edit. I'm pretty sure there is a nice product sample in there somewhere only to sit down and fix it up a little :)

I charge an additional €500 at the moment for this which is an incredibly hard sell so I would imagine £1K is near impossible!!

Those transitions look a bit quick Aindreas, I like your video clips but the photos are a bit hard to see moving that quickly.

I have been messing around with ProShow recently and I think its great tool for doing slideshows but if you use autosync the transitions can end up being very quick unless you use a few different music tracks.

Only two very short video clips in this one but I am gonna do a few more at my next wedding and play a bit more.

This was 133 images, two very short video clips and 9 mins 33 secs of music.

[YOUTUBE]DpGEtyaN490[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry. All the tilty swirly transitions do my head in :(

Looks like there are some lovely pictures struggling to get out.

Back